forty-seven

I woke up to Colby tracing figures on my stomach. I opened my eyes, staring right back into his beautiful blue ones that I had come to love so much. "Good morning," he smiled.

I chuckled. "Good morning to you too. If I may ask, for how long have you been staring at me exactly?"

"About an hour now," he replied, his hand moving up to tuck the strand of hair that was in my face behind my ear.

I raised an eyebrow. "An hour? What held you back from getting up?"

"Well, I promised you I'd be right here when you woke up, didn't I?" he responded.

My lips curled into a smile. "So you just stared at me?"

"There's nothing else I'd rather be doing," he grinned and kissed my forehead. "Come on."

I took his hand and he pulled me out of the bed. "What are we doing?"

"Well," he replied. "We have a party tomorrow and I plan on escaping before they put me on grocery duty again."

"Nooo," I chuckled. "We can't sneak off, we need to help."

"There's plenty of other people in this house who can do the groceries," he shrugged.

I laughed as I looked at him. "We can't do that, Colbs."

"Sure we can," he replied as he walked over to me. In one swift movement, he lifted me off the ground and carried me bridal style.

"And where do you plan on going now, with my ass in plain sight?" I asked, one of my arms around his neck.

"Good point," he nodded, setting me back on my feet. He laid his hands on my shoulders and dragged them over my shoulder blades, down my back and rested them on my waist. "Guess you're gonna have to get dressed."

"What I have to do is shower," I replied. "So if you could kindly let me gather clothes, that would be greatly appreciated."

"I could do that," he nodded. "Or I could get you clothes and join you in the shower?"

I chuckled and patted his chest. "Not this time, Brock."

He pouted but released me anyway, leaving me to grab some clothes to wear and then shower. When I returned, he was laying on his bed, staring at his phone. He looked up at me. "Someone called you," he spoke up. "I don't know who is was though."

"Oh, thanks," I replied, grabbing my phone from his desk. I frowned. "It was my mom, I'm calling her back real quick."

I went through my contacts and clicked her name.

"Hey Ellie," she said, and I smiled at the sound of her voice.

"Hey mom," I chuckled. "How's Los Angeles treating you?"

"Very well," she snickered. "Should've come here sooner. Anyways, your father and I were hoping we could do something today? It's been a week since I've last seen you and that's a shame now we're in the same city."

"Oh," I replied. "I was about to hang out with Colby. What about after that?"

"No, honey, you should bring him! So we can properly meet him, your father's been wanting to as well," she spoke.

I nodded, even though she couldn't see me. "I think that can be arranged. I'll call you back."

"Okay, honey. I'll talk to you later," she said and hung up.

I grinned at Colby, who looked at me weirdly. "I just got you your excuse to get out of the party preparations."

"What's that?" he asked and put his phone down next to him.