thirty-three

Two days later, Sam and Colby were leaving the house for the night to go to the Cobb Estate with Elton and Matt. Corey and Devyn had come home only an hour ago, as they'd been in Florida with Devyn's family. They were in a car accident yesterday, but luckily everyone got out of it pretty much unharmed. I didn't know where Jake was at, but my bets were he was hanging out with Griffin.

"What are we gonna do?" Kat asked as I sat on the couch with her and Aaron. The boys were filming their investigative part in the garage.

"I don't know," I sighed.

"To be fair, I have nothing to do either. So unless you guys come up with something, I'm playing Fortnite," Aaron chuckled.

I laughed as well, rolling my eyes. "That's literally all you've been doing lately, Aaron."

He shrugged. "Have to do something."

"Are you not going over to Tori's then?" Kat asked.

Aaron shook his head. "No, she's going out with some friends."

"Man, I want to go clubbing sometime as well," I said. "It's been, like, two years or something."

"Wait, really?" Kat asked. "Why?"

"Ethan never really wanted to go with me but he also didn't want me to go without him, and just for the sake of avoiding any arguments, I listened," I explained, shrugging.

"Wow," Kat said. "The more you talk about this guy, the more I want to break his nose."

"Who is Ethan, anyways?" Aaron asked.

"My ex-boyfriend I dated for years back in Kansas," I replied.

"I'm not happy about the way it happened but I'm glad you guys broke up," Kat said. "He sounds very controlling and you deserve better."

I smiled at her. "I'm glad we broke up as well, otherwise I wouldn't have met you guys. Ethan probably wouldn't have even let me meet up with Sam at the airport that one day."

"Gosh," Aaron said. "Was it really that bad?"

"No, I loved him and he'd never really hurt me until he cheated on me, but looking back at it now, he really was quite the jealous and controlling type," I replied.

"Well," Kat answered. "Then we have to go clubbing with you some time. But we'll find an 18+ club because I want to get in as well."

I chuckled. "I wouldn't ever want to go without you, my friend."

The four guys walked back into the kitchen, speaking rather loudly. The three of us on the couch stood up and walked over to them.

"I already don't want to go anymore," Matt chuckled.

"Don't be a baby, Matt," I laughed.

"Well, you go with them then, if you're so brave, Ellie," he joked back.

"I'm good," I replied, putting my hands up defensively.

Elton laughed. "I think she'd hold up better than you."

"Have you never seen a horror movie?" Matt exclaims. "The black guy always dies first!"

"So do dumb girls," Sam said.

I squinted my eyes at him. "And what does that mean, Samuel? Got anything you wanna say?"

His eyes went wide as he realized what he had just accidentally said. "Oh my God, no! I didn't mean it like that, Ellie! You're literally one of the smartest people I know," he rushed.

I smiled. "Thought so."

"I'm quickly gonna go look for that flashlight in my room," Colby said.

"Oh wait, I'll get it, I know where it is," I replied.