thirty-five

If Colby hadn't wrapped his arm around me earlier, I swear I would've fallen of the couch.

"You're joking," I said, I felt my eyes getting teary.

"Absolutely not," he replied.

I hugged him from the side and buried my face in the material of his hoodie. "You're making me cry."

He chuckled and hugged me back. "Better be happy tears."

"Very happy," I replied.

Kat cheered, and soon the others followed. I sat up again and wiped under my eyes to get rid of the tears. "You've got about thirty miuntes to fix your make-up," Kat winked at me. "Oh! And Dev and I prepared a dress for you."

"Thanks Kat," I smiled and stood up. "I'll meet with you guys in half an hour."

I made my way upstairs and into the bathroom, did my make-up for the second time today and slipped into the dress Kat had prepared for me. It wasn't mine, so I'm betting it either was hers or new. It was a light pink and of a silky fabric. It was quite low cut and stopped mid-thigh, and I loved it. The heels that were also set out for me were the same color and open, the material had a satin-like finish.

I strapped on the heels and walked out of the bathroom, Dev and Kat were waiting for me in the hallway.

"See, Kat, we did great," Dev smiled as I reached them. "You look beautiful, Ellie. Also love that light pink shimmer on your eyelids, really goes well with the dress."

"Thank you so much," I replied and gave both girls a hug. "Whose clothes are these?"

"They're yours," Kat cheered. "We bought them for you."

"Wow," I said. "That's so sweet. Thanks, guys!"

"And!" Dev squealed. "We have something else?"

"More? You guys really didn't have to," I said. Devyn gave me the item she'd been holding behind her back.

"For our birthday girl," Kat grinned.

"This is gorgeous," I said as I examined the tiara.

"Here, let me help you," Dev said as she positioned it onto my head.

"I love you," I said, hugging them both again.

"We love you too," Dev giggled.

We walked downstairs, the three of us. The party had already started and a lot people were here. People who I didn't even know were wishing me a happy birthday, and it took me quite a while to reach the kitchen where I usually found the other roommates at the beginning of the parties. Kat and Dev were following closely behind me.

"You guys made it!" Corey said as we came into view. All the roommates we standing on top of the kitchen island.

"What are you guys doing up there?!" I laughed.

"We were waiting for you, Ellie!" Sam laughed back. "Get up here, all of you."

"Oh my God," I said to myself as Kat and Devyn also made their way up the kitchen island. I felt a pair of strong hands on my waist as they lifted me up onto the counter, Sam helping me by holding my wrists so I wouldn't fall back. I looked down to see Colby, who effortlessly jumped up there as well. I laughed. "We're gonna fall."

"Don't worry," he chuckled into my ear. "I gotchu."

"I demand silence!" Corey jokingly screamed throughout the house. It was effective though, and people were now paying attention. "We're here today to celebrate love on this beautiful Valentine's Day."