twenty-five

It took me two days to entirely recover from the amount of alcohol I had drunk at the party. Colby and I had been bingewatching the TFIL travel vlogs that he was in and to be fair, I was jealous.

"I want to travel somewhere," I said as we made our way down the stairs.

"You could," he said shrugging. "Where'd you wanna go?"

"Eveywhere," I chuckled.

Colby chuckled along. "Well, you're gonna have to pick one to start with."

"Maybe a trip through Europe. That would be so cool," I replied, walking into the kitchen. My phone buzzed so I lifted it to read what it said.

[Messages]
Brennen: Hey Ellie! I know this is super random but would you be down to film a video with me today?

"That's weird," I chuckled.

"Hmm?" Colby hummed as he opened the fridge to grab some orange juice.

"Brennen just asked me to film a video with him today," I responded. "Did anyone have any plans made today that involve me?"

I watched Colby furrow his brows as he thought about it, but eventually he shook his head. "Not that I know of."

"Great," I said.

You to Brennen: got nothing to do so i'm down. text me the details tho :)

"What's he filming for?" Colby asked as he sat down at the kitchen table

I sat down across from him and watched as he put down his glass on the table. "No clue."

I took his glass and sipped at the orange juice, Colby's features breaking into a grin. "Who told you you could do that?"

I shrugged as I put his glass back down and smiled. "I'm not sorry."

He laughed as he slightly shook his head. He looked up at me and I couldn't help but just stare at him. Thankfully we were in a conversation so he wouldn't think it was weird.

"I've been meaning to thank you for your support during these past two days," I said, propping my arm up so I could support my head onto the palm of my hand.

"Hmm, really?" he replied, raising his eyebrows.

I nodded. "Yes. I was hoping you'd let me take you to dinner some time."

"Aww," he cooed. "Ellie, are you asking me out?"

I giggled and shook my head. "Not really, I'm just trying to repay you for what you did. But if you want it to be me, asking you out, then sure."

He chuckled, shaking his head laughing. "Sure. Tell me whenever you wanna go."

"Will most definitely do," I grinned.

My phone buzzed.

[Messages]
Brennen: I'll pick you up in an hour? We're going to a restaurant to rate it. :)

You to Brennen: alright, i'll be ready :)

"Apparently we're going to a restaurant to rate it," I told Colby, his face hit with realization.

"Oh! Yeah, Brennen has this series where he goes to restaurants to rate them. He calls it 'my unfortunate life choices', or 'fortunate' if it's a good restaurant," he explained.

"Ooh, I see. Damn I hope it's a good restaurant," I replied.

Colby grinned. "You're becoming quite the YouTube icon yourself, now aren't you? How's your Instagram doing?"