forty-one

"You guys up to find some secret rooms?" Sam grinned as he stood up.

We were all scattered across the couches. Colby and I were in one, my feet laying in his lap. Jake and Corey were in the other couch and Sam in the small one. We had been watching television for a bit, just laying around.

I looked up at him. "Damn sure, I'm starting to get bored."

Colby lifted up my legs so he could stand up, I quickly followed and gathered my shoes. As I tied them on, something hit my head. I lifted up my head to look at Jake. "Did you seriously just smack your shoe into my head?"

"I don't know, did I?" he snickered.

I picked up his shoe and flung it his way, but I missed. "You're lucky I've got shitty aim."

After we'd been walking around for a good amount of time, we reached a really sketchy hallway. Colby stopped halfway the stairs and pointed at a door in front of us, the camera in his hands. "Alright guys, so that door right here - if you remember last time - was literally shaking. It sounded like somebody was tapping it on the other side."

"Until we held it," Sam added. "As soon as we touched it, the knocking would stop."

"Maybe that was just a polite ghost asking if they could come in," I shrugged and walked down until I was in front of the door.

The guys followed me and Sam grabbed the door handle, opening it agonizingly slow.

"Do you wanna go to that ballroom we went to before?" Colby asked as he turned towards Sam.

Jake walked in between them and went straight through the door. "Shall we?" he said in a girly voice.

I rolled my eyes before following him. "Let's not make too much noise," Sam warned us before we walked on.

"Guys, it's open," Jake stated as he pointed towards the ballroom entrance.

We walked up the small staircase, and I looked around. "Wow, this is beautiful."

It was a big area, carpeted with one of the typical yellow patterned red carpets. The walls were cream colored, and round tables with chairs were placed all over the room. A crystal chandelier was hanging from the center of the ceiling. "This is sick," Colby breathed on.

I walked further on as they explained a couple things to the camera, just in awe by how amazing this room was. I made a little twirl as I skipped through the room.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" Colby smirked.

I sighed a happy sigh. "You bet I am."

Suddenly we heard something, like an employee. "What was that?" Colby whispered.

"What the fuck was that?" Jake continued. We were all a little startled, really.

Sam looked around. "Let's make this quick. But in the back corners of some of these ballrooms, there's secret areas and secret tunnels. Let's go look real quick."

"Okay," Colby whispered, and I nodded. I looked to where Corey and Jake were just standing but they were gone, but I got a glimpse of them walking back out of the room before they disappeared behind the wall.

"I think they're dipping so let's just go," Colby chuckled and looked at both Sam and I.

I smiled and nodded, following them to the back. It only took a couple seconds for Corey and Jake to catch up to us again, so we continued our path. We walked by a still escalator that went down into a pitch black area. "I really wanna go down in there but last time we went somewhere we weren't supposed to be, it didn't turn out well," Colby snickered, which made Sam laugh.