thirty-nine

Our Venice vacation was all I imagined it would be, and much more than that. Sadly, now we were back at LAX, ready to get picked up by Jake.

"Never thought I'd say this but I'm sad to be in LA right now," I sighed, holding onto my suitcase.

Colby chuckled and placed his arm around my shoulders. "Had to get back for Biltmore part two."

I smiled. "Can't believe you're going back tonight."

"Can't believe we're going back tonight," he replied with a grin.

I frowned. "By we, you mean yourself, Sam, Jake and Corey?"

"And youuu," he said, the biggest smile on his face.

"Wait, no, Colby," I replied, my eyes wide. "I can't do that. I don't want to annoy your fans or anything."

"Come on," he said. "They love you. Please come along."

I sighed and watched as Jake pulled up in front of us. "We'll discuss this when we're home."

Colby drove shotgun as I sat in the back, Jake driving us back to the house as we talked until we got back. He pulled into the driveway, eventually.

"Whose car is that?" I asked, as I pointed at an unfamiliar car in the driveway.

"Hmm," Jake said. "No idea."

I smiled. "I have the same car."

We gathered our suitcases and put the down at the front door, I walked over to the car.

"Wait a second," I said. "This is my car!"

"You're welcome," Sam chuckled as he walked outside, apparently he had heard us arrive.

"Is this your work?" I asked Sam.

"I arranged something with your mom," he winked.

"Oh my God!" I yelled as I ran over to him to hug him. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome," he chuckled in my ear.

I took a step back to look at the car again. "This is amazing. Now I don't have to borrow Colby's car anymore!"

"I thought you liked my old but trustworthy Corolla," he pouted.

I chuckled. "I do, but it's nice having my own car back."

"I get it, I'm just joking around," Colby grinned.

Sam handed me my car keys and I clung onto them as if they were my life. "Thank you so much, Samuel."

"Again, you're welcome," he smiled. "You should go inside, there's someone waiting for you."

I frowned. "What?"

Sam motioned for me to go inside, so I dumped my bags at the bottom of the stairs and walked into the living room.

"Mom, dad!" I screeched, and ran over to where they were seated, hugging them both at once.

"Elisha," my dad chuckled, hugging me back.

"Oh, I missed you!" my mom said, holding me tight.

I sat down on the table in front of them. "How are you?!" I asked, a big smile on my face.

"We decided to visit the city that had captured our daughter and not given her back," my dad chuckled. "No, really, we drove your car out here and decided to make this a little vacation for ourselves."

"Oh!" I said as I stood up and looked back at the roommates who had now walked into the living room, awkwardly standing near the doorway. "Have you been introduced yet?"