52) The Perfect Duet

Title: The perfect duet

Author: kpgcatlover

Category: Teen Fiction

Rating: PG

Description: Mackenzie Heart has been the goody-two shoes, perfect grades girl her whole life. She always takes orders from her demanding parents, peers, and teachers without talking back. Despite her docile nature, she has a strong hidden talent.

Singing.

It's her escape from her pressure filled life.

Then there's Dylan Stone, the loner of her school. He never talks to anyone, unless it is absolutely necessary. Underneath his hard exterior is a boy who is just trying to support his family though his own singing. Sadly, street singing hasn't taken him anywhere.

For him, singing is not only his favorite pass time, but a way he makes money.

What will happen when you put these two vocalists together on a live television show, competing for a cash prize and a record deal that could help them both?

Only time will tell...

Review: Okay, so I made a list of the things that I want to talk about in this review :P I'll put them in order.

1- Horrible parents: What the heck is wrong with those two?? It's like their children are in prison!! I mean who can live without music? Who can live without going out?? And who the hell do they think they are bossing their children around like that?!!! Mackenzie's parents are a nightmare guys let me tell you. I mean they even make my parents so much more bearable cx xD No but honestly, I think they took it too far when it came to raising their children. I would have commited suicide if I were in their shoes.

2- Adorable Dylan: Ohhh he is adorable alright!! He is the sweetest thing to ever exist on the face of Earth. I just love him. When it comes to this character, all you will be doing is awe-ing. Like seriously!! He's sooo cute and so sweet and such an adorable kid. He managed to make me awe every second.!! And his nickname for Mackenzie?? It's my weakness. Do you want to know what's her nickname?? Do you? xD Then go add the freaking book to your library and READ it. NOW!!!!! :P

3- Mackenzie: I absolutely love this girl guys. She is sooo sweet and all but I feel so sorry for her :/ Her mom and dad are so bossy and unhuman towards her. It's like they want her to be a maid for other people. She has to do everything she's asked to, It's not acceptable if she gets less than 90 in her exams or whatever you call it, she is forced to be perfect. But I love her anyways, I just think everybody is using her, especially the teachers.

4- Hannah and Haley: Those two are just amazing. xD Haley knowsssss what the fan girls want!! They are the craziest girls I have ever met. Well not met, you know what I mean. They are just awesome. And Haley is a genius xD

5- Storyline: Okay, so this is truly one different story, it's refreshing. And it just so happens that Kay is such a talented writer. She KNOWS how to grab the readers' attention in every book of hers and this is another AMAZING story written by her. She's just the best. Writing stories like this at this age is so shocking. Astonishing really. Back to the plot though, it starts with her everyday routine: waking up, getting ready, going to school, be a slave to the teachers. And that's where it all begun. She started singing and Dylan heard her so he started to sing with her. When he hears her voice, he asks her to go with him to the show. And let me tell you something lovelies. It is one hell of an adventure!! I liked everything about it. When you mix together Kenzie, who is so innocent, and Dylan, who is so sweet you get a once in a lifetime couple. They are just great in everything, especially in singing. :)

6- Song choices: I absolutely love Kay's song choices. At least every reader can relate to them and they definitely aren't crappy songs. I liked all of them and I personally think they are perfect for Kenzie and Dylan.

7- Trailor: I know this is not a Sierra & Alex Fan fiction but I honestly loved the story not only because of its Plot, but also because of this trailor. I love Alex and Sierra, I think they are perfect, and I love their love story. :)

I think I talked a little too much about this novel so I'm going to stop now even though there are a lot of things I still want to tell you guys about.

I just want to give you a word of advice... READ THE STORY PEOPLE I'M BEGGING YOU, it's an amazing one and it's one of the few stories that I would read over and over again until I've memorized every single word in it!! :D

Don't forget to tell me what you think about it, :)

Mariana.