27) She's Bad News

Title: She's bad news

Author: Bright_as_night

Category: Teen Fiction

Rating: PG-13

Description: When Corinna Evans' mother is sent to prison, Corinna has nowhere else to go so she moves back in with her father and his family.

Determined to make it through these last few months of school, she only wants to keep a low profile and get by but someone keeps getting in her way.

Tyler Flynn has been best friends with Corinna's brother forever and she's never liked him.

What happens when her feelings start to change?

And will her family ever forgive her for her past?

Review: This book caused me pain. Pain I'm telling you!!

Corinna's mother is a total bitch!! Is she even a mom? Because no mother acts like this I swear, even the worst of them. Sandra and her father are as bad as her mom -.- They gave up on her, left her alone with her mom. Bad idea, Donald!! You're a fucking idiot!! This story made me feel pissed. I was pissed off at every single soul present in the book except for her two brothers.

Jake is sooo adorable and sweet and cute and I'm a fan of his, even though he's a six year old child. He loves his older sister unconditionally and most of all he doesn't judge her, and that's a fine reason for me to love kids!! As for her big bro, I love him too because he gave her a chance when nobody wanted her around, he defended her when someone tried to talk badly about her. He ditched his date, the girl he liked, because she tried to make him choose between her and his lil sis. If that's not a reason to love him, then I don't know what is.

As for Tyler Flynn, I hated him at first, because like the others, he was so judgemental and he wouldn't let her explain her situation, he just assumed things, but your love for him grows with his kind actions. His POVs are so sweet, his thoughts are beautiful and his actions are as sweet as sweet chocolate. When he stood up for her in front of her father and Sandra, that was a really kind gesture. Alright enough said about Tyler let me tell you a bit about Sandra and Donald.

Sandra is a lovable woman really, but her words are so bitter it makes you cringe, it's like she doesn't take into consideration the effects of her words on Cor. She's constantly trying to avoid her and she wouldn't let Jake go anywhere near Cory it's so frustrating.

Donald is a bitch. How could he give his daughter the cold shoulder? How- how can he fucking be so cold hearted and talk so badly about her? It's like she ain't his daughter. He disgusts me!! He even adviced Flynn to stay away from her because she will drag him down into her shitty life.

Finally, her ex-best friend. What a best friend she had *snorts*. I can't believe how she was treating her throughout the whole story. I hated her, I still do.  

It seemed like nobody is willing to forgive her for what she did, it was so painful, I was hurt more than she was. *Frowns*

Okay, I think I talked a little too much about this, I don't want to ruin the book for you guys so I'll keep my mouth shut. But, even though it was too painful for me to read this book, I really liked it.

Actually I didn't like it, I loved it. And I loved Cory because she was so brave. And even though everyone hurt her, she still kept her cool and kept her strong facade in front of them. If that's not brave then I don't know what is. 

And I'd like to thank @TheRedhairtie for suggesting this novel to me, she was right, it is an amazing novel :)

Mariana.