XIX

© 2014 by Mpule Clarke/cheeky_gurl

Chapter 19

Daniel

"Can't you drive any faster?" I snapped at the driver and mother glared at me sharply "Don't look at me like that mother! You don't know what I'm going through right now."

Her eyes softened then she started to rub my back soothingly and my father scoffed at her try of showing affection. I ignored, like always.

"Whitney you need to stop coddling him so much!" My dad sounded impatient and tired, but he was right "He doesn't deserve it anyway, he chose his battle. We warned about that girl from the moment she left and you still went after her!"

"Because I fucking loved her!" I snapped at him causing him to look over my mother and give me a disgusted look "But I guess you won't know what that word means. Do you?"

The tension spiked up so much you could feel it in icy blasts.

"Just... stop the car pleae,"

"Daniel that isn't necessary," My father said in a tight voice as my mother turned her face away from me.

"Goodbye father," I touched my mother's back and opened the door to the frigid winter air cutting sharply at my face, I got of the car and swiftly shut the door behind me.

I just need to find a way to Dawn now... I've already lost so much time. I was standing in the middle of the pavement like a maniac but people passed me by not even giving me a second glance. Except for one. He looked me dead in the face with his icy blue and came after me like a raging bull as if I were the colour red.

"Where is she?" he murmured murderously.

"Pardon me?" my eyes widen at Oliver and his rapid hostility.

"Where. Is. Dawn?" He said slowly, his eyes slits "She's gone missing a few hours ago and the other body guards can't track her anywhere. Her phone was found near that old summer camp you to used to go to and her car not too far off. Where is she?"

My stomach fell at the last thing he said and I felt my face go pale. Not from the fact that he was a body guard and that he was shitting with me the entire time in America, but the fact that I knew exactly where she is... was.

No. not was. is.

My hands frantically patted my pockets searching for my phone when I turned it off I saw a voicemail from Dawn and I felt a sharp pain in my heart.

"I'm so sorry," my eyes started to burn as she inhaled "I love you too."

And everything came crumbling down. Nothing made sense anymore. Not the broken pieces of my phone on the pavement. Not my unmoving figure sitting next to it. I dared not go with the officials to retrieve her body, if I did, I would've jumped as well.