9.

Daniel's POV

2:59a.m

I don't know why I asked. Honestly the more I actually fucking think to myself it was a bad idea. Or maybe it's just the drink that's getting into my system making me think all over this shit.

I need to act natural. Be calm and fucking breathe. Okay, I can't do that. I need more to drink or maybe some sleep. I insisted Maddie take the bed and she disagreed until I basically forced her into it. We had a mini boxing match but it's fine.

3:50a.m

I've been sitting outside on the dock for what feels like hours. Now that I only have ten minutes my heart begins to beat faster.

I don't even know if she's awake. Why would I even wake her up at four? What is wrong with me?

"Hi" a voice behind me startled me I almost jump in the pitch black water. I can't really tell if she's wearing anything but I am proud to say that I have heard that voice plenty enough to know it's Maddie.

"Umm, Daniel?" She asks and I reply with a yes.

"Where are you and could you help me get there because I can't see anything and-

"Maddie? Maddie?" My voice grows louder and I'm panicking, yelling curse words out. I remove the soft fabric of my shirt and lower myself into the water.

"I hate you." She says as she puts her hands on my shoulders making sure she's propped up right as I bring her back to the dock.

"Do you know how scary that was? There are stingray, jellyfish, and needlefish in there. I could've died." She says counting her fingers when she names all the fish in the water.

"I'm honestly thinking I should leave you back out there if you don't quit whining." I laugh and I feel her tense up in my arms wrapping her legs around me, contorting her way around my body.

"Don't drop me." She whispers and I feel the heat on my chest once she pushes herself closer to me. That's when I realize she's only in a bra and panties unless it's a bathing suit which is probably...accurate.

"I won't. I would never." I reply making my way to the ladder allowing her to rest on the first step.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Since when do you ask?"

"Why did you want me to get up at four in the morning?"

I gulp, scared to answer her question. I don't say anything for awhile causing her to say my name maybe two times before I feel two wet hands place on my cheeks and move down to my shoulders.

"It's okay, I won't be mad or leave." She assures me and I nod.

"First off, you know how we are doing this three weeks together? I don't know if you want the fans to see it so I brought you out in the dark. Second, no one is up. Third, it's just me and you." My heart aches, when her hands remove off of me.

"Maddie-

"Shh," She hushes me as she places both of her hands on mine which holds on the railing of the ladder.

"You're so...different." She says and rubs her hands higher and up my forearm making me look down. "but I like it."

"Maddie, I know I can't see you very well, but I really want to kiss you," I say being 100% fully honest. I miss her even though she's right there.

Maddie's POV

His words strike me again. Reminding me of high school where he would always ask or tease. I don't know if I should satisfy Daniel.

"Daniel, if I start," I pause, "I won't be able to stop." He brings his face closer to me so our noses and foreheads touch. I'm swirling around feeling him breathe on me only making mine increase.

"Then don't stop." He forcefully pushes onto me as I push back. It's been so long. I feel Daniel walk up the ladder further, pushing me back on to the dock, as his lips clash with mine.

I feel his hands trickling up my waist and to my jaw then back down again. The fire is intense and I know at the moment he wants to touch every part of me and roll his hands down my body.

I'm laying on the dock with him hovering above me and I can barely get a breath in. I'm too caught up in the act that I can't do anything about it.

I know I shouldn't be doing it. But it feels so good. I can't stop. He's way too much. This is way too much. Our tongues dance in each other's mouths trying to get more the deep taste. I feel Daniel drag out, pulling my bottom lip with it biting on it as I release a moan. His lips grasp on to my neck, latching onto the skin, moving from side to side.

 His lips grasp on to my neck, latching onto the skin, moving from side to side

"Daniel," I bring myself to say, "I..." I continue to stutter as his lips go further down to my collarbone.

He stops and licks his way back up to my lips pressing harshly and pulling out.

"I've been wanting to do that since you hit me with your apartment door." He smiles and I feel myself blush in embarrassment with how clumsy I am.

"Did you mean it?" He asks and my brow furrows into confusion.

"When you said you wouldn't be able to stop." He asks and I feel myself dodging the question by jumping into the water again as he jumps in after me.

Arms latch onto my waist and my legs are soon coiled around his waist as he grips on to my cheeks softly cupping his hands.

"Tell me!" He pleads and I feel myself smiling all giddy.

"I can stop, but it's only with you when I can't," I say rubbing my nose in his face as he rubs his back on to mine.

"You're cute." He grins and I kiss his cheek.

"Daniel"

"Yes?"

"I don't know if I'm ready to fall again"

"What do you mean?" He questions tightening his hand around my waist.

"I mean with you. I don't know if this time it feels right. I haven't been with someone since you and I don't think I know how to do it or if I'm ready for it" I place my arms around his neck.

"It's okay Maddie. I'll wait for you" he nods and my cheeks lighten up again making me hide my face in his shoulder.

"Ugh, what are we, Daniel?" I ask looking into the deep shade of blue as the sun rises slowly.

"Whatever you want us to be," He says.

"Well, we haven't had sex, which means we aren't friends with benefits but we aren't dating so we aren't together but we are there for each other...hmm" I place my hand on my lip as I think.

"We can be each other's company?" Daniel suggests and my cheeks dip up.

"Sure, we can be each other's company."

a/n

well i umm skrt skrt

xx

hannah