7.

Maddie's POV

We've been sitting like this for hours. I tried grabbing my phone a couple of times but Daniel's hand has always grabbed over mine before I could clutch it close to my chest.

"Daniel," I sigh as I stare up into his eyes. Those god damn blue...ocean ones. I would drown and he'd bring me back up. Tell me to surf them.

"Maddie," his voice shakes but I don't blame him. I guess we both haven't said those names in a while. I look at his eyes when I feel my own drift lower. They are matched to pink lemonade lips. I flick them back up quickly so I don't get any thoughts.

My eyes soon reach his hair. It's blonde and very different then I expected. He never really told me about it or that he would ever change his hair color. The more I stare I wish I could braid my fingers through it. At least brush through, make everything feel naturally again between us.

"Do it," He breathes making me jolt...a minute past and I know I've been caught. "please?" He begs almost whimpering.

I lay my head closer and down lower on the pillow so my head is perfectly supported. I untangle my legs with Daniel's making them go straight down.

"You will need to lay on top of me then since I wanna do it with my eyes closed" I yawn, genuinely tired. I roll my neck back as Daniel makes his way on top of me. He rests on the left side of my body, having me wrap my left arm around his neck folding the pads of my fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck.

I almost jump at the sensation when his hand grabs my right arm aching for it to roll down the front of his hair.

I watch as his eyes close and he actually lays himself on my skin. Bare skin touching bare skin. Is it getting hot in here..? I think it might just be the fact that Daniel's crushing the left side of my body and resting his head in the crook of my neck.

I wish I could adjust my bra and pull it higher just in case if he sees anything. It makes me feel exposed when I'm the only one naked. Even though this is only half.

My own eyes drift off as my fingers play through and feel each small sections of blonde softness. I could do this all day.

Maybe in twenty minutes or so Daniel's headrest in between my breast and I feel his face rise up and down slowly as I take in deep breathes.

My hands give out slowly and I feel his head shift upwards so he can turn his face. "Why'd you stop?" He rasps and I feel like my hormones have exploded.

"I'm a bit tired" I whisper and my eyes gently fold back down as he continues to talk to me.

"Sorry," He says and I shake my head telling him it's fine. I never really imagine doing this again with Daniel. I haven't done this in a while. With or without him. My phone begins to buzz on the nightstand and as soon as I pick my phone up, shifting my weight upright so I can sit I feel two arms snake around my waist.

I blush as I read the name on the screen.

Jack

"Hello?" I say and I am met by music blaring through the other side of the phone.

"Mads, you and Daniel gotta come outside, we are cooking it up out here. Also, wear a bathing suit, come out here girl you know you want to" he hangs up not really giving me a choice.

I begin to push Daniel's hands off my waist softly but I hear him mumble a "no" and shake his head against my stomach.

"Come on, please" I sigh as I lay back in defeat. After a couple of minutes, his hands loosen and I smile.

Being we Daniel for a few hours like this has grown more comfortable. My mind isn't exactly wavering about this but it is thinking quite a lot.

"I am not washing my hair again," I think to myself while walking over to my suitcase as I pick out a nice bathing suit that has stripes on it. I pull out another necklace with an L on it that Harley got me. He insisted that I change my name to Lilith, my middle but I wouldn't change it. No matter how many times I think about it I can only pull off Maddie.

Lilith sounds too formal, which reminds me of my mother. As much as I told Harley to return it he wouldn't. He told me to wear it and be proud of my middle name. Little does he know what it means.

It reminds me of the dark times that I would never get past. Scary times that I could never escape from. The times where I would drown and let myself sinking instead of trying to save me. It's not worth it. I would always tell myself that.

After Daniel left, I had nothing. I felt like a lost boy. Stuck on my past and I felt like I would never move on. Life's just life... they would always say.

"You can have the bathroom first" Daniel makes me look up to see him scrolling through his phone while rolled up in the covers like a caterpillar. I almost laugh causing me to cover my mouth.

"Thanks" I rush over and begin to change. I look at the two sinks in front of me and I notice how Daniel has already set his stuff up on the right side.

I look at one of his bags and I notice one thing, in particular, sticking out. It looks like a bottle of oil but clearer and darker. I want to take it out to see if it's really what I think it is but I can't. Something's holding me back.

I quickly lock my necklace around my neck with other ones too, that I am already wearing. I unlock the door and feel Daniel's eyes on me as I walk back to the bed.

"You look pretty" He compliments and I feel my cheeks heat up as I pull my sweatshirt over my bathing suit.

"Thanks," I say once more again to him. I look at him and I have so many questions filling my head. Not filling more like overflowing.

"What?" He asks noticing my fingers twirling around one another because he knows and can tell when I'm nervous or stressed.

"Nothing...you can use the bathroom. I'll wait for you if you want" I say turning to my nightstand and pulling a few rings that I can put on my fingers.

Daniel walks into the bathroom then comes out quickly jumping on the bed, scaring the shit out of me.

"God don't do that" I shake my hand at him but he doesn't listen, so instead he takes it and holds it in his hand.

"You seem very quiet Maddie," he urges me to stand up as he stays pinned behind me still fidgeting with my hand. He lowers his face down to my ear, "but every now and then...I can get you to scream."

a/n

Daniel's got a dirty mouthhhhh

What's gonna happen when they go out with the rest of the gang? And what's gonna happen when they get back to the bed?? Does Daniel think he might be able to get her to scream...maybe his name?

Maddie's shocked of course...

till the next bbs

xx

hannah