20.

Daniel's POV

I've been searching for hours and I'm towards the point where I wanna give up.

It's just a room. My voice is repeating that sentence over and over again but my heart has another sentence beating through it.

It's with Maddie and Maddie alone. I begin to sit down against the wall outside a door and I turn my head to see Maddie's hair dash past a wall.

"Ooo, you come back here right now!" I stand up chasing after her not letting a single second slip back where she's out of my reach.

And right before my eyes, an elevator closes and she's gone.

"Fuuuuu-

"Hey, can we get a picture?" A girl and two of her friends come ask me and I smile taking photos with them and they thank me as they leave.

"Maddie!!!! Where are you????" I whine, turning around in a circle.

"Look to you far left!" A voice calls out at my eyes turn so quick I think I broke my neck.

"Maddie, we just played this game for like two hours," I chuckle out a rough breath as I hug her close to me, and she gives out all the breathe she can from running.

"We are getting a room," I say pulling her out so I can see her face.

"No, you lost, I told you where I was so I win!" She points to her chest and I look down at the white tube top and I feel something below me tighten.

"Whatever," I sigh and she smiles. I'll let her have her space, at least for now. Soon we'll be together, I can feel it.

"Come on, we are going to the water!" She pulls at my hand.

"We?" I whisper and she smirks.

"Everyone's going, you need to go set up your room Daniel," she cocks her head to the side pulling me back in the elevator with her as we go up a couple of flights.

"You're so lovely," I compliment her as she threads her arms onto the metal bar, railing waiting for the door to open even though there are more floors to go.

"Thank you," She whispers pushing a strand of hair behind her ear embarrassed that she's beautiful to me.

Maddie's POV

He's standing so far awayyyyy.

He's on the opposite corner from me in the elevator and I feel like our connection has gotten glitchy.

I wish I could go up there and just-

"Daniel," I walk up to him at the same time he says-

Daniel's POV

"Maddie," I sigh looking down at her meeting in the middle as she stares up at me. Her eyes move lower and I watch her bottom lip curl into her mouth getting bitten and suck in with her teeth.

Her lips are perfect. The perfect outline that no one could ever trace without messing up. She's perfect, amazing, the best person ever.

My hands glide against her cheek as my index finger hooks up under her chin so she looks in my eyes.

"I'm gonna miss you," I say fully taking in her. Allowing her to fully consume my presence too.

"What do you mean?" She pulls out looking at me, her hands still wrapped around my neck.

"Like when you leave, you're leaving tomorrow?"

She nods and I frown turning away from her to hide my anger.