15.

Maddie's POV

Who knew three weeks could get over so fast. Arriving back in LA feels so nice. I know everyone is going to Hawaii in two days and I don't think I'm going to go. A break to myself sounds nice just staying in LA. To think and relax without people being around me.

I remember opening my apartment door and falling asleep in bed as soon as I got in. I'm surrounded by so much and it feels so good to be back.

Even though the hurting isn't over yet. I've still got a wedding to attend but I'm glad I won't be alone. I know Harley will be with me and making sure I'm okay the entire time.

It's coming up faster then I thought and I need to work on taking pictures of town. My boss Aida, she can understand a lot of things but still wants me to make up what I've missed.

"Hey, you okay?" Harley asks me from the couch as I stir through the Mac and cheese that I've been making.

"Mhmm," I reply, opening the cabinet to get two bowls out. I set them down on the side and Harley gets up to help by doing his own.

"You sure? You seem a bit-

"I said I'm fine. I don't really wanna talk about the trip."

"Okay,"

The rest of the night is spent watch season two of stranger things and getting ready for the third season.

"The wedding is in a couple of days Mads, we need to get a dress for you." Harley takes a sip from the red wine glass that he poured for himself.

"Yep," I tilt my head onto his shoulder falling into a slumber that's deep and in thought.

"This one?" I look at the red fabric holding it up in the light feeling the silk fabric slip against my hands. "I don't know it looks like it's a little too much." I pull the hanger down so Daniel can see my face.

"Just try it on, besides red looks good on you." Daniel says making me roll my eyes, because he says that all the time.

"I don't even know why you're here. This is for prom and I'm supposed to surprise you with a dress."

"You can surprise me right now!" He whines pushing me and the dress in a stall. "Now hurry up!"

Minutes later I have the dress zipped up and it fits very well. It's off the shoulders which makes me feel a bit exposed but it's really long so I don't have to shave but I probably am anyway.

"What do you think?" I step out staring at myself in the mirror putting my hair up in a fan bun. I turn around to see Daniel with a shocked expression on his face.

"It's a bit too long-

"It's perfect." He says turning me around to face him by grabbing my hips. "Maddie, you're beautiful."