13.

Daniel's POV

We've been sitting in silence for what feels like an hour at this table. I feel her leg brush against mine which ensures me that she knows I'm a bit mad about how slow this restaurant is running things.

"It's very pretty." She says keeping her eyes glued behind her, looking at the ocean and small waves, going back and forth.

"Yes, just like you," I say and want to stab a fist at that tour guide we had earlier and how he's not here to ruin my moment. Maddie just smiles, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear and nodding in agreement as she sees our waiter bringer our food.

"Thank you," She pauses, "do you think you could get me more water?" She asks and the waiter says she will be back soon. I'm glad our waiter is a girl. If it was another guy everything from here would be terrible.

I watch as Maddie twirls her spaghetti and eats a bite. She makes out what I can only hear as a small pleasurable moan and I feel something twitch below me.

I'm scared that fans will see this dinner, and I am almost positive they will. I take a look around me, noticing some cameras maybe only four since this trip was expensive.

I also spot a table with the two little girls that Maddie has made friends with. They sit with their mother and father and I notice they both point at Maddie but she doesn't see. Their eyes flash in awe like mine did the first time on that bus.

I watch as they run over to her, placing their hands on her bare legs.

"Hi!" The older one says looking about four maybe five.

"Hi, Zara!" Maddie squeals picking the smaller one up and in her lap facing Zara and not me.

Jealousy is a bitch.

"Hi," the smaller one says and I feel myself smiling at how cute Maddie is with kids. She looks so alive but then again I know she would say something about how it's hard to keep yourself energized around them.

I see her whisper something in the little girl's ear and then they run off and I can't help but grin when her attention connects to me.

"Sorry," she mumbles as she takes another bite of her food and soon the waiter comes back with more water.

Maddie thanks her as she leaves and I feel Maddie's leg brush against mine to tell me that she's okay and she's...sorry for saying sorry when she did nothing wrong.

"Are we done? I need to go to the bathroom?" Maddie scoots her chair out as I nod. She picks up her jacket and turns to point a finger at me.

"Don't pay," she pauses, "I swear to god if you fucking pay nothing is happening and you'll sleep on the couch." She gets up pushing her chair in as she walks to the bathroom eyeing me as I put my hands up like the police are about to handcuff me.

The second she's gone I call a waiter over hoping Maddie will take her time.

Maddie's POV

"Daniel!" Oh my god. The second I tell him not to do anything he does something. What the fuck is wrong with him. I rush out of the bathroom door, I didn't even go just in case, but I still need to.

"No ma'am, Miss, I need to pay please don't take his money." I basically rip the credit card out of Daniel's hand and place my own in the girls.

Daniel is staring at me and I feel on fire but as soon as the girl swipes my card I cool down.

"Thank god." I wipe a bead of sweat off my forehead as I pull and grab Daniel by the hand and I thank the girl when she returns my card.

"I guess you really want to have a fun night don't you?" Daniel whispers in my ear and I step on his feet turning around to face him.