1997

thanks to the 100 sumn people who still read my chapters wtf are you doing with your time xox. also they're like 14 in this ig.

"I'm so fucking sad but I appreciate the brain I have. I'm more interesting than you. I'm cooler, smarter, better overall. You think you're cool but you're not."

His shoes scuff against the cement, a cheeky smile on his face. Josh thinks he's joking but he kind of isn't; he thinks he's so much cooler than Tyler but he's definitely not.

Tyler's personality made up for his looks. He's covered in pimples, he's greasy, really fucking disgusting, but he's good on the inside.

Josh pushes Tyler, making his head jolt back, a sound resembling a baby coming from him.

"You're not cool. At all."

Tyler growls, turning around and raising his fists. Josh chuckles, punching him the arm. It hurts. The Sun fills the boys' pores as they walk on the hot pavement together. Tyler's always wanted his life to be like this. He wanted to be outside with his best friend, laughing and smiling like they do in movies.

"We should get ice cream." Tyler suggests. Josh nearly shits himself, he loves ice cream, especially with Tyler. He loves Tyler.

The brunette groans, playing around with the earphones connected to his walkman. They're broken again.

"Let me fix them." Josh says, pulling them out of Tyler's ears. His eyebrows furrow, teeth grabbing at his lips as he observes the earphones.

He smiles, "I know!" then he throws them in the trash can.

"Dude! What the fuck!"

Josh laughs, taking Tyler's hands. He drags him along the street, a giant smile on his face. He likes Tyler, more than friends.

Tyler giggles. Josh loves the sound of it.

They get chocolate ice cream. It drips down Tyler's hands, it's all over his chin.

"You're like a five year old."

Tyler smiles, crooked teeth on display. Josh always feels like he can't hear properly, like his eyes don't work and his fingers don't respond to touch anymore; his senses are heightened when Tyler's here.

Tyler licks at the ice cream on his skin and Josh just stares. For some reason it's the most beautiful thing he's ever seen.

"I think I like you."

Tyler snorts, "Well duh, we wouldn't be friends if you didn't."

Josh rolls his eyes. He grabs Tyler's hands, they're small compared to his.

"No, I mean I like you."

Tyler looks up from his ice cream, eyebrows furrowing. The entirety of the local Church will burn them alive for this.

"I like you too."

ERM.