LOVESICK!

The sun is burning Josh's pale skin as it shines through the clouds. He's sitting out on his front lawn, trying to tan. He'll probably just get a sunburn. The green grass is itchy on his skin, as he lays on his stomach, playing around with a yellow wildflower. Tyler is sitting next to him, reading a book. His hand is resting on Josh's hot back, massaging his flesh.

Birds sing their songs, a cool breeze blowing through the dying trees. Sticky sweat drips from Josh's head, it's too hot to be wearing jeans. Tyler was smart; deciding to wear just his underwear.

Josh grunts, rolling over onto his back, his hand finding its way to the back of his head, resting there. Tyler smiles at the other boy for a moment, looking back down to his book. He can't seem to focus, though. Josh distracts him all the time. He's never been attracted to a guy before, Joshua was the only exception. The kind-hearted boy was just so sweet and nice, always looking out for other people rather than himself. He has a beautiful grin. Tyler saw the sun in Josh's eyes— oh gosh, don't get him started on his eyes.

Joshua sighs, closing those pretty eyes of his. He breathes in the summer air, chest rising and falling slowly. Tyler watches him, closing his book (he doesn't bother to mark the page, too focused on Josh). The brown-haired boy lays down beside his crush, placing an arm on his chest hesitantly. Josh doesn't flinch, just smiles with closed eyes. Tyler smiles back, resting his head on Josh's chest.

He wants to do more than this. He wants to play with Josh's hair and squish his chubby tummy, making him giggle sweetly. He wants to hover above him and plant little kisses all over his body until he's a blushing mess.

Joshua groans, eyebrows furrowing. It's too hot out here.

"D-Do you wanna go i-inside?" Tyler asks with a blush on his cheeks, "It's quite h-hot out here." Josh opens his eyes, gently sitting up as Tyler moves off of his chest. They both smile at each other in adoration before standing up and walking inside the cool house. Tyler wanted to hold Josh's hand so badly as they walked towards the abode.

Josh giggles, "You forgot your book, Ty."

Tyler blushes in embarrassment, running back outside and retrieving his book. The boy with milk-coloured skin grins at him through the window as he comes closer to the house again.

Once inside, Tyler throws his book on the coffee table, jumping onto the leather couch. He sighs in relief when he feels the air conditioner against his skin. Josh sits beside him, grabbing the t.v remote, turning the channel onto some sort of comedy show.

Tyler admires Joshua as subtly as he can. He has an unfinished tattoo and a nose piercing. He's got some hair on his chest, Tyler normally didn't like chest hair, but Josh was different. The lanky boy just wants to cuddle up to him and feel his skin, wants to use his shampoo so his hair will smell like him. He just wants to rub his feet against Josh's as they sleep together, he feels like he's going to burst into tears. Tyler loves Joshua so madly.

He doesn't know how to tell him.

"You okay?" Josh asks, a concerned expression on his face. Tyler swallows, shaking his head. Joshua's lips part as he scoots closer to the other boy. He takes Tyler's hand in his, "What's wrong? You can talk to me."

Gosh, he's so lovesick!

"I really n-need to tell s-somebody something, but I-I'm too afraid." Tyler says, voice breaking, tears threatening to spill over. He doesn't want to cry over something so silly.

"What do you need to tell them?" Josh asks, subconsciously leaning in to be closer to the sad boy. Tyler pouts, trying to contain his tears. "Hold m-me, please Josh. I just need you t-to hold me." He rasps, wrapping his arms around Josh's soft neck, the man snaking his own arms around Tyler's waist, bringing him to sit in his lap.

Tyler holds Joshua tight to his chest, his head in the crook of his neck. He doesn't want to let go, ever. Josh smells like lavender and everything lovely in the world. Tyler wants to taste his lips; they must taste like cherries, they're Josh's favourite fruit, so he's positive he tastes like them. He really wants to test that theory.

Josh runs his big hands up and down Tyler's tan back, making him shiver in the best kind of way. The brunette whimpers at the feeling. He wants to feel that again and again. Tyler feels wonderful as his thighs bracket around Josh's hips.

"Hey, Ty?" Josh whispers, Tyler lifting his head out of the crook of the man's neck.

"Y-Yeah?" He whispers back breathily, looking at Joshua expectantly.

Josh brings a hand up to caress Tyler's jaw, the boy leaning into the sweet touch.

Josh sighs, "Please tell me what's bothering you."

Tyler freezes, holding his breath. He so in love with Joshua, but what if he doesn't love him back? He could never live knowing Joshua doesn't want to sleep in the same bed with him, and cuddle him until he falls asleep. He couldn't live knowing Joshua doesn't want to shower with him and wash his hair under the warm water. Tyler could not live knowing that Josh doesn't want to be with him.

The skinny boy takes a deep breath in, looking Joshua in the eyes.

"Promise you won't leave me? Promise you won't get mad?" Tyler asks, biting down on his lip. Josh tilts his head, grabbing Tyler's hand in his, "I promise."

Tyler smiles sadly, looking at his crush in fear, "I-I'm in love with you, Joshua," He mumbles, bottom lip quivering, "Gosh, I'm so fucking in love with you! I-I love you so much. I just want t-to look after you, I wanna cook you dinner every night and sleep in the same bed as you. I want to share the same body wash as you so I can smell just like you—oh, Josh, you smell like lavender. I want to lay out in the sun with you and kiss you all over. I just want to massage your back after a long day of work. I sound like a little girl with a crush, fuck—Joshua, I love you so much." Tyler pants, hot tears rolling down his soft, red cheeks.

Josh's mouth opens, but nothing seems to come out. Everything's a blur. Tyler waits patiently for Joshua to say something, anything. He never does. The brunette rolls his eyes in frustration, pushing Joshua's hands off of him, getting out of his lap. Tyler storms down the hallway to his bedroom, the oak floor screaming under his angry feet.

"Tyler, wait!" Joshua yells, getting up from the couch. Tyler turns around, eyebrows furrowed. What was the point of confessing his feelings if Joshua didn't even like him back? He was sick and tired of this. The boy folds his arms over his chest, pouting like a child.

"What?!"

Joshua shrugs, smiling. He clears his throat, walking closer to Tyler with a rose red blush on his face.

"I'm in love with you too."