Chapter 45

Chapter 45

We walked through the front door of Louis' flat and into the living room. The lads were watching old episodes of Family Guy. Once we walked in, all eyes fell on us.

Louis cleared his throat. "So how'd it go?"

I nodded. "Just as I hoped it would," I smiled.

"We're dating again. And this time, I promise I won't be an idiot and hurt her, Lou," said Harry.

"That's what I like to hear," Louis smiled.

I sat down on the couch and Harry took a seat next to me. He laced his fingers through mine and smiled.

I turned to face Louis. "There are some things we need to talk about."

He nodded. "I agree. There's something I need to tell you."

"Let me go first," I said.

"Alright."

He might get a little upset once I tell him this but I have no choice. "I need to get a place of my own."

Louis had a confused look on his face. "What do you mean?"

"I mean I don't want to be a burden to you anymore. I want to get my own flat so I can give you some space."

"Ellie, you're anything but a burden to me. You're my sister. I love having you around. Why would you think I didn't?"

I shrugged. "We've been on tour together for a while now and it's not even halfway over. I just thought you wanted some time alone while we are on breaks like this."

He chuckled. "Ellie, I couldn't care less about that. In case you've forgotten, I missed the first seventeen years of your life. It breaks my heart knowing I wasn't there for you during that time. I'm trying to make up for that now. If you move out and buy your own flat, you'll ruin my entire plan."

"But-"

"No. You're not moving out. I won't let you."

"Fine. I won't move out." Louis smiled. "Until after the tour ends."

"Absolutely not. I don't want you to leave."

"I'm not leaving, Lou. I'm just moving to a different flat. I'll try to get a flat in this neighbourhood. I won't go far. You'll still have me around."

Louis crossed his arms. "Fine, but I get to help you pick it out."

"Okay."

He pulled his arms away from his chest and got up from the couch. He walked over to me and hugged me.

I understand where Louis is coming from. He doesn't want to miss anything else in my life. I get it. I missed a lot too. But, I think this flat is a good idea for me. It'll help my independence grow. I need my own space. Being with these boys all the time is exhausting.

Louis pulled back from me and smiled. He sat down in his seat again. "So what did you want to tell me?" I asked as Harry draped his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh, right. Before I say anything, all of you have to promise not to get mad."

I looked at him confused before slowly nodding. The rest of the lads mimicked my motion. "What's going on, Lou?"

He took a deep breath. "I saw something on Twitter and you're not gonna like it."

"C'mon. How bad could it be?"

Louis took out his phone and unlocked the screen. He tapped it a few times before handing it to me. Harry glanced at the screen as I held the phone. It was the picture of David and me hugging. I felt Harry tense up next to me. I looked up at him.