Chapter 44

Chapter 44

"Ellie! Wake up!"

I rubbed my eyes and sat up on the couch. Kerri was standing close by, fully dressed for the day. Last night, she let me borrow some pajamas so I wasn't uncomfortable.

I groaned. "What time is it?" I asked.

"It's almost eight."

I groaned again. Why did she wake me up so early? Well I guess it's not that early compared to the times I have to wake up while we're on tour. But, I'm exhausted from yesterday.

"C'mon. You told Louis you'd be over there early this morning. You're going to sort things out with Harry, remember?"

My blue eyes grew. "Shit!" I jumped off the couch and picked my clothes up from where they were folded on the coffee table. I ran into the bathroom down the hallway and quickly changed out of the pajamas.

I changed into the clothes I wore yesterday since I didn't bring anything with me. I also didn't have a hair brush, toothbrush, or anything else of importance. That's okay, though. I'm only going next door. I'll clean myself up when I get there.

I came out of the bathroom and walked to the front door. Kerri was standing close by waiting for me. She smiled when she saw me before giggling.

"You look horrible," she joked.

I stuck my tongue out at her. "It's not my fault. I didn't have anything to clean myself up." I ran a hand through my knotted hair.

"I could have gave you something if you hadn't woken up so late."

"You've already done so much for me. Thank you for everything," I smiled.

"It's nothing. I'm sure you'd do the same for me."

Kerri was such a good friend. I was eternally grateful to have her in my life. I hope nothing ever happens to break our friendship.

I gave her a quick hug before walking out the door. Louis' flat looked kind of dead. None of the curtains were drawn like they usually are. Judging from all the cars parked out front, all of the boys were still here. They must have spent the night. I hope someone is awake. I kind of forgot my key when I ran yesterday. Dumb move, I know.

I walked up to the door and took a deep breath. I cleared all of the doubts that were starting to swarm my mind. Kerri was right. I had to do this. I can't keep running from my problems. I have to be strong. I quickly knocked on the door before I could chicken out.

Within seconds, the door was opened. I wasn't surprised when I was faced with a frantic Louis. His blue eyes were wild. He didn't look like he got much sleep. He pulled me into his embrace before I could say anything. I sort of made him walk backwards so I could walk into the flat. He squeezed me tightly. I pulled back from him and closed the front door before turning back to him.

"Where were you?" was the first sentence that left his mouth.

I shook my head. "That doesn't matter. What matters is all of us need to talk."

Louis nodded. I walked into the living room where all of the boys were sitting. I gave them a half smile. None of them returned it. I didn't expect them to. I know I scared the shit out of them yesterday. They deserved an apology. I gestured for Louis to sit down. He did so and I let out a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn't expect any of you to come up and listen to my song. Honestly, I didn't really want you to. It's extremely personal." I stopped and my gaze fell on Harry. His eyes dropped to his lap.