Chapter 39

Chapter 39~ Louis' POV

We were finally finishing up the show after hours of being at the arena. I love the fans, but the constant screaming gives me a headache after a while. Sometimes ear plugs don't work that well.

Harry's been acting weird all day. During sound check, he didn't really smile or anything. During the show, he sort of kept his distance from me. While we were answering Twitter questions, he didn't joke around with the rest of us. It made me worry about him. Maybe he's just nervous about Ellie. She's sick and might still be sick while we're on break for two weeks. That would kind of suck.

I should talk to him. Just to be sure he's okay. I walked down the hallway and into the lounge room. Harry was sitting in a chair in the back corner with his arm over his eyes. I shut the door behind me and Harry looked up.

"Hey, mate. What's up?" I asked.

Without replying, he covered his face again. There's definitely something wrong with him. I walked over to the nearest seat by him and sat down. He stole a peek of me before covering his eyes again.

"Harry, what's been up with you? You haven't been yourself at all."

"I don't want to talk about it, Lou. Just leave me alone," he grumbled.

"No. Something's bothering you and I want to know what it is. That's what brothers do."

He uncovered his face and looked at me. His eyes weren't their usual bright green shade. They were dark. Darker than Zayn's hair.

"You wanna know what's wrong with me? Why don't you go ask your sister. Maybe she can tell you!"

Harry got up and started walking for the door. I shot up out of my seat.

"What the hell does my sister have to do with this?"

He turned around before reaching the door. "Ask her," he simply replied.

Before I could say another word, Harry walked out and slammed the door behind him. What the hell is his problem? Ellie is sick. She didn't do anything. I need answers and I'm obviously not getting them from that ray of sunshine.

~~~

I walked down the corridor trying to remember which room was Ellie's. I had a room key with the number on it but I gave it to Paul in case Ellie was sleeping when he went to her room. She's two doors down from me, I think. I went to the door that I thought was hers and knocked. There were sounds of shuffling feet before the door opened to reveal Paul. I guessed right.

"Hey, Lou. How was the show?" Paul asked.

I nodded. "It was good. How's Ellie?"

"She's getting better. She actually fell asleep on the couch."

Paul opened the door wider and I stepped inside. Ellie was peacefully curled up in a ball on the couch. I smiled at her sleeping form.

"Well since you're here now, I'm gonna go back to my room. I left the room key on the coffee table. Tell Ellie I hope she gets better."

I nodded as Paul left the room and closed the door behind him. I turned to Ellie again and walked over to the couch. There were three empty bags of popcorn scattered across the coffee table along with a few stray pieces. I grabbed the room key before I forgot and slipped it into my back pocket. The telly showed the home screen of Ellie's Netflix account. I guess she and Paul had a good night. They watched movies the whole time. I would've loved to do that.

I started cleaning up the empty bags and pieces of popcorn. I don't know how they made such a mess. It looked like Niall and I had a popcorn fight. We've done that before so I know what it looked like. I never would have guessed Ellie and Paul, two of the most responsible people I know, made this mess. I can just imagine Ellie starting a popcorn fight with Paul. I quietly laughed.