Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Ellie!" exclaimed Sabby and Hope as they walked through the door of Louis' flat. The boys and I were currently waiting for Sabby, Hope, and the rest of the girls to show up. They were the first ones to get here. I got up from the couch and met Sabby by the door. She hugged me tight for a few seconds before pulling back from me and giving me a big smile. Hope did the same.

"How've you been, El?" asked Hope.

"Great. I'm here, aren't I?" I joked.

Sabby and Hope laughed. They walked into the living room, leaving the front door open behind them. I went to close it when I saw Harley and Natalie running up to the door.

"Hey, girls!" I greeted them once they were standing in the doorway. They both hugged me before coming into the room. I shut the door behind them and followed in their foot steps.

Everyone was sitting around the living room. Harry, Liam, and Hope were on one couch. Niall, Harley, Zayn, and Natalie were on the other. And Sabby and Louis were sitting on the floor. Basically there was no where for me to sit. Harry moved over a bit on the couch and patted the spot next to him. I smiled as I took the seat.

"Thanks, Haz," I said.

He returned the smile. I turned my attention to everyone in the room. Natalie was the first to speak.

"So what happened?" she asked.

"Huh?"

"On the Voice. You never told us anything after you auditioned," said Hope.

"Oh. I thought Kerri told you guys."

"She did. We just wanted to hear it from you," smiled Harley.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her perky answer. I never truly noticed how much of a girly girl Harley was. Not to mention, she's the ultimate white girl. She wears UGGs, has a pink iPhone, goes to Starbucks all the time, and watches the most idiotic reality shows. Sometimes she scares the shit out of me, but I gotta love her.

"Alright, fine. I picked Adam as my coach. He took me all the way to the final three. I didn't win, but I was signed to Capitol Records. I needed a job, and now I'm here," I briefly explained.

"Did you write any original songs yet?" asked Sabby.

"I've written a few."

"Let's hear one," suggested Harley.

"Not right now. We should wait for Kerri to get here. Just in case she wants to hear it too."

They nodded. "Good idea," said Natalie.

And of course, Kerri walked through the door two minutes later. She ran into the living room and practically jumped on me. I tried to stand up, but her weight held me down. Let's just say I'm not the strongest person in the world. More like one of the weakest.

"Kerri, get off of me. You're crushing my ribs," I breathed.

She quickly got up and pulled some loose strands of hair behind her ears. "I'm just so happy you're here, Ellie. I've missed you so much. Almost like a younger sister," she explained.

I giggled as I stood up from the couch. "Well in that case, I missed you too sis."

Kerri let a big smile spread across her face before tackling me in a real hug. I wrapped my arms around her petite body. All of a sudden, she started to shake. I pulled back from Kerri and held her at arm's length. She was crying. Tears were slipping from her blue-grey eyes and leaving streak marks down her cheeks. A single tear escaped my own eye.