Chapter Thirty Three

After three months of Ryan being in charge, Emilie had to go back to work. The woman didn't want to, but the board of directors started asking questions. It was her first day back at the job today. As much as she didn't admit it, Emilie was excited to get back to work today.

"Amia baby." Emilie shouted, "Are you ready?" Her voice echoed through the house. They were now moved into the new house, and it was much bigger than the house before.

"Hello, Ms. Ferla." Her new maid says.

Emilie knew she was wrong and should of turn the maid around the day of the interview, but she couldn't. The woman was attractive and hot. She was good at her job, but very tempting.

Emilie cleared her throat. "Good morning. Is Amia's lunch pack?"

The maid nodded and walked away. Emilie could tell she was putting an extra swish in her walk and the older woman looked away praying to god that Alicia woke up soon.

"Mama, I'm ready." Amia ran down the stairs dressed in her uniform.

"Good job, baby." Emilie picked her up and kissed her forehead.

"Here's her lunch." The maid walked over, handing Emilie the bag. She winked at her and walked away.

"God it's me again." Emilie looked away from her butt and walked away towards the car. She was driving today, something she rarely did, but she thought it will bring some normalcy to Amia.

Alicia looked around the dark room, "Hello." she screamed into the darkness. She felt afraid she didn't know where she was and couldn't remember anything. Alicia could hear little voices in the darkness.

"Hello, Alicia."

She turned towards the voice. It was her. "Why do you look like me?" she was going mad, maybe that's it.

"Because I am you silly."

Alicia frowned. "Why are you here?"

"To bring you back." The other Alicia said.

Emilie walked through the doors of her building and fixed her coat. She sniffed the air and felt fuzzy inside. She missed the smell of the building. It always smelled like money; she sighs dreamily, the door for the elevator opened and she steps into her office.

Samantha stood right by the elevator with a cup in her hand. "Welcome Back boss, we're glad you're back." She hands her the cup.

Emilie takes a sip and nods her head. "Thank you for the coffee." She takes another sip. "I needed it."

"I am glad you're back." Samantha looked her over. "Are you taking care of yourself?"

Emilie walked along the hallway to her office. "Yeah, can I see the sales and everything I missed for the months I was away?" She knew Samantha could tell that she was lying. Over the few months, Emilie rarely slept, her mind played the incident repeatedly and she always would wake up in a sweat and could go back to sleep.

"Here's everything. I set up a staff meeting that you told me about. It begins in ten minutes." Samantha handed her over the file.

Emilie opened the door to her office. Everything was how she left it, but cleaner. She walked over to her desk and picked up the framed picture of Alicia and her. "I miss you so much, princess." She places everything on the desk and picked up the file and phone and walked out of the office.

Alicia looked around, where did she need to get back to? Everything was dark.

"Get back to where? I can't see anything. It's cold."

"That's how dying feels Alicia, you're dying."

Alicia looked at her. Why was she dying? "What happened? Why am I dying?"

"You got shot Alicia, now you're dying and leaving behind Emilie and Amia." The other, she said.

"Emilie and Amia?" Alicia questions herself. Her memory was fuzzy, but her heart felt warm from the names.

"We need to get going before it closes. Let's go." The other Alicia grabbed her hand and pulled her into the darkness. "Your journey starts now." the place started to clear.

Emilie walked into the conference room. Everyone was there and seemed to be there waiting for her. She finished her coffee and toss the cup into the bin. Samantha stepped forward and handed her a piece of gum. "I am happy to be back in the office and just want to say thank you for all you that made everything run smoothly with my time away. I know you have a lot of questions and I wouldn't be answering them. Just know that I am back to take my position. Also, I would like to say thank you publicly to Ryan. She took care of this company like it's her baby."

Everyone looked over at Ryan and clapped for her. Emilie gave her a thumbs up. "Today, lunch will be on me, so please leave your orders with the head of your department. Meeting adjourned."

"That was short and a good way to tell people to not mind your business." Samantha handed her water.

"I know they wanted to ask questions, and I don't trust anyone to leak stories to the press."

"Emilie." Ryan walked over to them. "Glad that you're back."

"I am happy to be back. Good job at holding down the fort while I was away. I have something for you." Emilie pulled a check out of her pocket. "A bonus for stepping up and doing a damn good job. I know now I can trust you and can leave my company in your hands."

Ryan opens the check, and her eyes widen. "You didn't have to give me this. I did it because we're friends and you also gave me a shot when nobody wanted to."

Emilie frowned, "We're friends?" she knew that Ryan had spent the past few months sending texts and lunch to the hospital, even visited once or twice, and even offer to look after Amia for her, but were they friends?

"Yes, Emilie." Ryan hand her the check back. "I didn't do everything because I was looking for something in return. I did it because I wanted to be there for you."

Emilie nodded and walked out of the conference room. They followed behind her. "Emilie Ferla." A man walked up to her. "You have been served." He turned and walked away to the elevator.

"What the hell," Ryan says.

"They served me a lawsuit." Emilie walked into her office, sat in her chair, and walked over and opened the envelope. "They're not serious."

"What they sued you for."

Emilie rolled her eyes. "They're suing me for keeping them away from their daughter and they want rights to Amia. They want three point two million dollars for emotional support. What the fuck."

"Who's suing you?"

"The Delaurentis, I told them to leave her hospital room, and he was serious about suing me." Emilie groaned. Her phone rang. She answered it. "Yes, Sanna, this is not a good time. I'm dealing with a lot today."

"Emilie shut up, it's Alicia."

Emilie stood up. "What's wrong with Alicia Sanna? Is she awake?"

"No Emilie." Sanna let out a muffled sound.

"Sanna, what's wrong? Are you okay? Talk to me."

Sana sniffled. "The doctors just came. They said that she was dying. She had a stroke earlier today, and blood isn't flowing to her brain."