Chapter Two

Sometimes people come into your life for a reason!

It was Monday morning, and the apartment was silent as Alicia snuggled into Amia's body, keeping her warm.

The alarm rang out, waking her up instantly; she yawns, went into the small kitchen, and cooked up some pancakes for Mia. Covering the plate, she walked over to the bathroom.

They lived in a one-bedroom apartment; it wasn't a penthouse, but it was decent enough for them after Alicia's parents kicked her out.

When her parents found out she was pregnant, they told her to pack and leave. The only way she could have stayed was if she had gotten an abortion. Her father was cruel enough to push her down a staircase when she refused.

They hated Alicia because she ruined their perfect family. Her father's image was more important to him. Her family wasn't perfect, but her parents were delusional; Alicia was thankful that nothing happened to her daughter. So she moved to New York soon as she finished high school.

Alicia walked out of the bathroom fully dressed. She walked over to the storage bags and placed an outfit out for Mia.

"Baby, get up," Alicia shook Mia a little.

"Ma," she whined, rolling over.

Alicia went around and scooped her up, placing her in a chair. This was their everyday routine. She always had to feed Mia while she was asleep.

"Open up, sweetie."

"Okay baby, are you up? "Alicia wiped syrup off of her lips.

"Yeah." Mia nods tiredly.

"Okay, brush your teeth and hurry, we have to get you ready to meet uncle Eli downstairs."

Mia got up and walked to the bathroom getting on her little stool.

Alicia took the dishes to the kitchen and tidied them up. Her phone buzzed on the kitchen counter. She wipes her hands, looking at the unread messages.

Don't forget cheered practice this morning, and your shift at the gym on Wednesday. I'll see you soon.- Sanna.

Eli will pick her up at 6 and you can come to get her when you're done with school. - Ariel

Good morning, don't forget our date at 1 pm. Enjoy your day. I'll pick you up later.- Emilie.

Pick me up at the football arena behind NYU. enjoy your day as well, beautiful ;)

After Alicia replied to everyone, she got Mia ready.

They met Eli in the lobby, Alicia exchanged hugs, kisses, and goodbyes before she walked off to the train station.

Arriving at the university, she talked to a few people on the way to the gym. Alicia smirked at the new people lined up at the door to tryouts.

"Mich, let them in while I change."

"Hey, Sanna banana, are you ready?" Alicia walked over to her after changing into her uniform.

"Yes, I'm ready to make someone cry."

"Cruel," Alicia chuckled, "can you take over for me at 1?"

"Sure."

The pair walked over to the bleachers, and Alicia scanned the crowd.

"Listen up, I'm Alicia. Some of you may already know me, but I'm not here to be your friend. I take my job seriously, as you can see by the trophies, and I need you all to follow me to the football field so we can observe and judge you more on your flips and tumbles." Alicia shouted.