Chapter Twenty Six

When the car drove past the airport, Alicia looked over at Emilie and frowned.

"Babe, where going past the airport? Wouldn't we be late for our flight?"

Emilie chuckled, "You think we're flying commercially? Just sit back and relax."

The SUV came to a stop, and the bodyguards stepped out and opened the door. Alicia looked over at Emilie before getting out, and Emilie just shook her head. She knew the younger girl was going to freak out.

"A red carpet?" Alicia mumbled.

The women have ushered down the red carpet to the door. The private jet was white with a gold-plated EF on the side of the plate from the outside. It screamed luxury. It was one of the first things Emilie bought when she took over as CEO.

"Holy shit." Sanna gasped, "A private jet."

Alicia looked back at her. "Emily, do you open this? You didn't tell me you had a private jet."

"She's a billionaire, of course. She owns a private jet." Sanna looked at Alicia like she was dumb.

Emilie bit her lips nervously as she rubbed her neck, "Actually, yes, I own a hey but I also own a private airline. A business where only rich people can rent small or gigantic planes if they need it."

"So you're saying that you are extra rich? On top of being a billionaire?" Sanna asked.

"Now, who's the dumb one? Of course, she needs money to fund her lifestyle, Sanna, so it will be smart to have money coming in from every direction."

"Exactly baby." Emilie rubbed her back. "Sanna, one thing that's smart to do is not dependent on one source of income. Take my advice."

The guards made them move forward. Emilie took out her phone and texted Samantha to ask where she is, the pilots had a tight schedule and she knew they would need to take off soon.

"Sit and enjoy the luxuries while we wait for Samantha."

"Wait, who's Samantha again?" Sanna asked as she flipped through the jet catalog.

"She's my assistant." Emilie checked her watch. "I'll go talk to the pilot, then I'll come back here, babe. You can kick your feet up and relax."

"Can I please get a glass of champagne and a breakfast platter please?" Hanna asked.

"You couldn't wait until the plane take off?" Emilie looked over at the flight attendant. "Bring her a glass of champagne, as well." She walked away to the front of the plane.

"Ms. Ferla, how are you?"

Emilie looked around the room. "Besso, I'm doing great. How are you and your family? I'm not taking you away from the family, right?"

"The wife and kids are fine. Luna sent you this bag of lasagna. She knows how much you love it, and you know that I'm always here when you need me to fly you."

Emilie laughed, "Luna will forever be my favorite person. I know, and I'm forever grateful for you."

And she meant it. Besso had been her family pilot for years when her father was in charge, and when she took over, she didn't have the heart to get rid of him, so she kept him as her pilot.

"I'll have to tell her. We are preparing for takeoff in the next ten minutes."

Emilie looked down at her watch. "Hopefully, my new assistant gets here by then. I'll be upfront."

"Bring the new girlfriend back here after the flight. I have heard a lot about her."

Emilie smiled brightly, "I will." She nodded and turned around, walking to the back just in time to hear Sanna ordering a second breakfast platter, "Are you planning to eat me out of business?"