Chapter Twenty One

Emilie sat at her desk, flipping through the catalog of pictures and printed labels for the launch of the new diamonds. Her body buzzed with excitement. Every time she looked at them, it reminded her of Alicia.

“We will go with fake snow and the dress code will be all-white. We already have the drinks and food. Just the invitations have to go out.” Emilie event manager said.

“All white is good. Let’s do only champagne as drinks, no hard liquor. Maybe coffee patron and baileys. Milk drinks. Can we also do a signature drink?” Emilie picked up her phone, frowning at Alicia for not checking in for the day.

It’s been three weeks since they have been in the playroom. Emilie was afraid that it was too intense for the younger woman, her conscious beating at her for dragging the girl into her world that quickly. They haven’t had sex in the past three weeks. Alicia was busy with work and cheer practice preparing her team for nationals. Emilie felt neglected but didn’t want her girlfriend to feel the burden of her neediness. She threw herself into work and prepared for the event.

“Remember, I want tight security, around the clock please get at least a hundred. I want only them in black suits. I want a lot of billionaires and millionaires there, even Barack Obama. Make sure he gets an invitation, even Bill Gates. Get Johnathan I haven’t seen him in forever. I want him to dress Alicia and me for the ball.” Emilie turned to the event manager." I would like to have a look at the place before the event. I hope you get a great catering service don’t disappoint me." she smiled.

••••

Alicia’s body was sore, and she was tired as she packed her things to get home. She looked at the time and it was already 7 pm. She texted Emilie, asking if she can make dinner tonight, and she replied quickly saying she will be home late. It was the fourth time this week, and Alicia couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong. Was Emilie cheating on her?

She shook off her head and walked out of the gym after saying bye to everyone. Her head stayed on the phone, texting Sanna. Alicia pushed the front door and gasped when she saw the person on the other side.

“Jackson,” Alicia stepped back.

“Hello Alicia,” Jackson said.

“What are you doing here?” Alicia asked.

“I am here to see you, my dear.” He smirked.

“No, I’m seeing things,” Alicia stepped back. “My life just got back on track.” She walked around him.

Alicia hurried, and she spotted the car waiting for her. She walked quickly but stopped in her tracks by a hand gripping her wrist; she turned to him. The colored drain from her face at the evil smirk that adored his face. It made her get flashbacks from the nights with him.

“Don’t walk away from me.” He grabbed Alicia’s face. “You belong to me, Alicia. I own you, don’t forget that.” Jackson grips it tightly.

Alicia pushed him away and pointed at her collar. “You can’t own something that already belongs to someone else. The E that sparkles in the night owns me.”

She feels the sting at first as her head leans to the side, and her body shivers as the memories come rushing back. He takes a step towards her deadly look in his eyes, and he strikes the other cheek, sending her to the ground.

“Please no, I’m sorry.”

Jackson goes to grab her shirt but is tackled to the ground by one of Emilie’s bodyguards. Jeff walks over to her and takes her into his arm and then into the car.