The Start of new life

Preethi pov

Itz already the day of our wedding. As planned it was in a temple nearby to Arhans home. We kept it simple with just a few family friends and relatives .

I am wearing a rich kanchivaram saree brought by Aunty for me. There was a makeup artist who had come to deck me up as a bride. She was going on with lots of brushes, creams and powder all over again and again in my face I dint know what she was doing to me. I in my entire life had not seen nor had worn such makeups initially I refused to but Aunty insisted me to do it atleast for today so couldn't say no at once . After an hour or so everything was done I couldn't recognise myself in mirror. I never knew I also could look so beautiful.

Then Aunty came in with couple of her friends and introduced me to them. They all spoke to me humbly and said I was looking beautiful Thatz why Arhan has chosen me to be his Wife. My cheeks stated turning red I was blushing, I had also started enjoying all this things as normal girls do now. I myself was surprised that I was doing all this. Even without any effort all my senses were working to make me shy.

Even though everything was going on fine till now still there was an unknown fear in mind that was running that "my fate" should not harm Arhan or his family rather my family now.

Arhans pov

After preethi accepted our marriage and said she wants give a chance to relationship, my mum said that she wants to have a grand wedding again but I
Dint agree to it. I knew preethi would not be comfortable to handle people and there are also chances that few people may again bring in past and hurt her. So we settled down for simple marriage in temple with few close friends and relatives.

Days just flew by and today is our marriage in the temple. Priest here asked me to perform many rituals , then called in for preethi to come . At a distance when she appeared I saw that she was wearing a saree and she looked beautiful to me.
She was blushing and feeling shy and smiling along with other ladies who accompanied her.

Later she sat next to me, priest gave me a Mangala sutra to tie arround her neck and chanted mantras
and I tied it with a promise to take care of her, to protect her and keep her happy thru her life.

After that we returned home there were few more
friends who visited us and later mum asked me to take preethi to my room and take rest for some time.

Then we had a family dinner and after sometime mum asked me to go to room. I just went in and saw whole room decorated with flowers and candles just then even preethi entered with a white saree and glass of milk in hand. I dint know what to do Nor she knew I Guess both stood looking at each other then to break silence I asked her to come in and she handed milk to me. I took that and asked her to sleep in bed and I took couch and slept. I knew even though she had accepted our marriage and relationship with me she needed time to share herself with me.