Chapter 5

Emma's POV

The director called me saying that I had the rest of the week off but need to go back on Monday. I decided that my feelings for Andrew were real. Just, that there everywhere.

I grab my keys and get out the house quietly not waking up my mother and get in my car. One of the things I thought about most was that I did not know what to do today.

Should I get ice cream? Or should I go watch a movie?

I drove to an ice cream shop just 2 miles from where I lived and ordered my favorite dessert. I sat down and decided, I should talk to Andrew, and tell him that I do like him, but in a person of course. I picked up my phone and called his number. I started to look around while it rang but something caught my eye.

In front of the ice cream shop, there was a couple holding each other super close, I thought they were cute but something seemed off. He doesn't answer and I call him again still looking at that couple. The man looks awfully familiar. The man stops holding the woman and the woman and gets what I think is his phone out his pocket. He grabbed it from her hand and held it to his ear.

"Hello?" I hear from my phone. My heart drops, that couldn't be Andrew could it? 

 I look across the street and the guy finally looks at the ice cream shop. But not just any guy, Andrew.

"Who is this?" I hear him say through the phone. I bite my lip trying not to curse him out and hang up.

"Emma?" He asked as he looked at the caller ID.

"I missed you so much!" She shrieks in the background and Andrew hangs up. He kisses her forehead and they walk away.

I watch him closely out the window and I call a waitress over.

"May I have my order to go please?" I say, my voice cracking how could he be with another girl after telling me how he felt about me?

"Of course. Are you alright?" the lady asks concerned. I realize a tear was slipping down my cheek and wipe it off. I slightly nod and she gives me a smile, going back to the kitchen. I sit down, playing with my thumbs as she comes with my order.

"Have a great day mam." She says and smiles. I give her a fifty dollar bill and she looked through pockets for some change.

"No, keep it." I smile and get up with my ice cream. I walk to the exit but turn around looking at all the ice creams.

"Actually..." I say and stare back at all the ice cream.

_

I put two containers filled with a gallon of cookies and cream, and chocolate in my back seat and get in my car. I drive home, tears slowly forming in my eyes but I wipe them away as I park in the parking. 

I get out of my car and get the two containers in my hands. I take the elevator and walk to my apartment. I the containers down on the floor. I start to search for my keys and can't find them.

"Crap," I say and was about to knock on the door when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Looking for these?" Andrew says holding my keys in his hand. I try to snatch them but he puts the keys higher.

"What do you want?" I say and stop attempting to take the keys.

"I saw you getting in your car with ice cream. Assuming you were being rushed, I think you saw what happened didn't you?" he said running a hand through his hair. I look away and try to get my keys but he puts them in his pockets.