Chapter 6

Emma's POV

"And how did you get here mam?" The officer asked me.

"I thought it was my daughter knocking on the door but it was him." My mother said as she sat in an ambulance while they checked her blood pressure.

They kept asking us questions for about an hour until they let us go. 

"Okay, we should go home," I said and they all agreed to get in the car. Andrew sits in the back letting my mom sit next to me.

"So he didn't hurt you?" I asked concerned. Why would he just take her against her will for no reason?

"No, it was strange, when he heard you both walk in the house he started to yell at me like he was waiting for you guys." She said trailing off. 

"Do you think he planned this?" Andrew asked as he scooted to the front, his head in between mine and my mom's.

"As crazy as he is, why would he plan that?" I asked and the question wasn't answered by any of us. We were just thinking.

"I don't think we should be thinking about this, I mean the police do have him under custody." My mom said breaking the silence. Andrew and I agreed as we finally got to the parking.

The walk to the elevator and to my apartment was silent. Very awkward as well.

"Emma, can we talk please?" Andrew said as we walked in my apartment. 

"I'll just be in my room." My mom said leaving us both alone.

"Andrew, I'm sorry for overreacting, I just thought it was another girl, the way you were holding her. She looked so happy and so did you." I said as we sat on the bar stools near the counter in my kitchen. 

"Emma you don't need to apologize, I understand. I was happy because she's family." He said softly. I looked down in embarrassment. How could I be so foolish? 

"Its okay Em," He started and held my hand.

"Its okay to be jealous sometimes." He finished making me laugh.

"I was not jealous," I said and he raised an eyebrow. Okay maybe I was a bit jealous, but I didn't want him to know that. We both laughed and our eyes locked. I looked away not knowing what was gonna happen next and changed the subject.

"Andrew, why would he go somewhere to get caught so easily?" I asked him trying to find the answer myself.

"I don't know, but he's locked up, so we'll be fine." He said softly caressing my cheek softly. 

"I have to clean up," I say and get off the chair picking up a broom and sweeping all the broken glass on the floor. Then it hit me, theirs only one way to find out. I placed the broken glass in the trash and grabbed my purse.

"Where are you going?" My mom said softly as she came out the room.

"Um, I'm gonna get us some takeout," I say quickly and she shrugs