Chapter 8

Emma's POV

"What do you mean not freak out?! My mom is on vacation not running away from her problems. Are they really gonna think that she had anything to do with the abuse that she received? She didn't deserve any of that! Did you know about this at all today?" Tears streamed down my face. My mother is wanted for interrogation, but she has never done anything wrong to her.

"I did know but-"

"Get out." I interrupted him before he could even finish. I looked down not even looking at his eyes. How am I supposed to even trust him? How could he not tell me something so important?

"Emma please let me explain I-"

"How could you lie to me? How could you keep this from me this whole time? She's my mother for crying out loud! You are such a great actor you know? You acted like everything was fine today when it wasn't. Have you been acting everything else? Like caring about me or actually having feelings towards me? You know what don't answer that question just get out." I tell him being serious but he didn't get it. So I pushed him, even though that didn't do anything he took a couple steps back. When I go to push him again he grabs my arm and wraps me in his embrace.

"I'm not going anywhere. My feelings have always been real since the moment I saw you on set. I just wanted to see you happy for one day. I told your manager to speak to your mom already and she's fine." He told me as I gave up. He's right, I haven't smiled in so long. Today felt so good before I found out of course.

"I need to go see her. I'm gonna take a flight to where she's at right now. " I say and run to my room. I start packing the necessary things and then my laptop. I zip up my suitcase and when I go to walk out Andrew's in the doorway.

"You do know your part of a movie right?" He says. I look at him with a stupid look. 

"You do know that family is more important, right?" I say and raise my eyebrows.

"Okay jeez no need to be sassy," he says as he gives me a hug.

"Just be careful alright?" He says and gives me a forehead kiss. 

"I will. I mean what could possibly go wrong?" I say as I walk out the door. 

"I'll take you to the airport so you won't have to take your car." He says as I lock the door behind me and nod in agreement. Boy, I did not know what I was getting myself into.

I called my mom and she sounded okay, she was a bit in distress and sad that she already had to go back here. It was nice to know that I had Andrew to support me the whole way.

I booked a ticket to Hawaii and to my luck there was only one seat available so I bought it. When we arrived at the airport, Andrew took my suitcase from the trunk for me and brought it to me.

"Thank you," I tell him as I kiss him. Then I hear a bunch of cameras snapping pictures and flashes.

"On my count run to the elevator. 1,2,3!" Andrew yells and I run to the elevator without looking back I press the elevator and the doors close shut as soon as they start running towards me. I sigh in relief but frown at the fact that I and Andrew couldn't have a moment because of paparazzi.

I quickly get on my flight and put the suitcase on top of my seat. I happily got a window seat so I was able to see the view. I put my headphones on and listened to music, slowly falling asleep.

// a couple hours later //

The plane finally landed and I was so excited.