Chapter 9

Andrew's POV

We were about to land but we ended up going in circles. There was no space to land. There was trees, cars, you name it. Everything was flipped and ripped from where it belonged. This might've been the worst storm in Hawaii.

"I found a place to land sir, please fasten your seatbelt." He says. I already had it on being precautions. He landed the jet safely on the ground and a car is waiting for me outside the plane. I walk to the pilot and thank him for bringing me here last minute.

I quickly get off the jet and get in the car, the wind was being blown towards the left and the right, it changed every second. "Andrew! Quickly get in the car!" The driver yells and I ran to the car closing the door behind me.

"It'll be 40 minutes till we get to the hospital due to traffic and all the things on the road." He said and I drifted off into my thoughts.

Why did I let her go alone? Why didn't I go with her and be there for her? Things would've been different. I close my eyes and drift off.

~

She was laying in my arms, peaceful and soundly asleep. It felt so right to have her here. I softly stroke her hair as she sleeps. I look at the time and I know we'll probably be late for the set but I don't care.

I wish I could keep this moment in a frame and go back to it whenever there were troubles. She is so beautiful, stunning under the streaks of the sun. My heart beats faster as she wakes up.

"Andrew?" She asks as she looks up at me, resting her chin on my chest. I kiss her forehead softly and caress her cheek. A tear streams down my face and my chest hurts. Could this be real? Her voice echoed in my mind and I missed her fingertips on mine. I missed the feeling of her in my arms.

"I love you, please don't leave me."

~

"We have arrived, watch your step on the way out please sir." He says and I come back to reality. None of it was real. If I could only turn back time. I quickly get out the car and stumble while I walk towards the ER. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw her, in my arms, like in my dream.

"Excuse me, sir, you cant go that way unless you're-" a lady says but I keep walking looking for Emma's mom. I find her sitting in a corner in the waiting room on the second floor in the ICU.

I quickly run to her and comfort her as she cries in my chest. My eyes sting from pain as I hold back my tears.

"Have they told you anything?" I asked her and she nodded letting out sobs.

"What did they tell you?" I ask her, worried about her response. My heart drops and my body grows cold.

"There's only a 10% chance she'll be waking up from her comma." She says quietly in between cries. I let go of her as more family comes in to comfort her and I go to the bathroom, entering the biggest stall (the one with the mirror and sink in it).

How will I live without her? How will I go on without her? How will life seize to go back to normal without Emma here with us?

Anger fills my veins as I start knocking everything down on sight. How could she be leaving me so soon? How could her life be thrown away by such a terrible accident?

I believe in Emma, she needs to wake up.

"Andrew?" I barely recognized his voice as he walked in the bathroom.

"Its Ben, I came as soon as I heard." I lift my head from my hands and look, it was my older brother. He quickly rushes towards me and embraces me in a hug.