Chapter 4

Emma's POV

I was a bit surprised, personally, I thought he was kidding. But he wasn't.

"I should get going," he said and got up, realizing that I wasn't saying anything back. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

Did I have the same feelings for him? Did I like Andrew? I feel like I do, but I don't know.

"I don't know," I said without thinking, I stood up looking at him. He turned around to face me and walked back to the sofa.

"You Don't know what?" he asked as he stood in front of me.

"I don't know if I feel the same way. I mean I do feel attracted to you, but I want to make sure that it's real," I say.

"You should think about it if you want I can leave and let you think about it." He told me and bit his lip.

"I guess. But, if I don't can we still be best friends?" I asked him feeling nervous and anxious.

"Yeah of course. It'll take me time to get over it, but of course. I would be a big arse if I say no." He said and chuckled. I laughed a little. I walked with him to the door and gave him a hug before he left.

"Thank you for understanding and not being weird about this," I told him and let go of the hug.

"Of course. Take your time, tell me when you're ready." He said and walked away.

I go to the bathroom and wash my face. Then I hear my mom's bedroom door slam shut. I go to my mom's room and shes "casually" sitting on the bed.

"You heard everything didn't you?" I say. She laughs.

"Yeah. I was trying to be sneaky but I slammed the door on accident" She says and puts her head down. I sit next to her on the bed and laugh.

"I need your help mom, you know more about this than I do," I say and sigh. I really didn't know much about guys.

"Well, tell me how you feel when you're around him." She asked.

"When I'm with him, I can act like myself, he's there when I need someone to talk to just like you and, he's never made me feel sad, he makes me feel happy, he makes me laugh. When I hug him, I feel like I can always stay in his arms. Like, they protect me, I don't know. I just feel ordinary when I'm with him." I say and breath.

"It sounds like you're more in love than just feeling something." She said. My eyes grew wide.

"No, I can't be in love mom! I just met him a couple weeks ago." I say and look at her in disbelief.

"I'm sorry honey. You asked for my opinion." She said throwing her arms in the air.

"Your right, sorry," I say and leave her room.

I lay on my bed and look at the ceiling. I possibly cant be in love. I know him, but I don't know everything about him. I didn't even get the right answer from my mom, but I shouldn't have been expecting a straight answer, I have to figure that out on my own.

To have Andrew as my boyfriend is unthinkable. Everything would change. Things will get complicated.

I honestly don't want anything to change between us. And hopefully, nothing changes.

I get off of my bed and start pacing back and forth.

"If I do like Andrew, and take the chance, things will become different and awkward," I say.

"But, I wanna be able to hold his hand and kiss him and doing that as friends isn't an option," I say and bite my lip.

When I think out loud, it helps me think clearer and relax more.

"Ugh!" I yell and throw myself on my bed. I grab my pillow and scream in it. I stop and realize, I am stressed out.

I need ice cream.