Goodbye 2NE1

2016

Newsflash

In yet another moment of 2016 staying totally on-brand with the rest of the year, YG Entertainment announced today that beloved, globally influential K-pop troupe 2NE1 is no more. Officially.

Following the news of member Minzy's departure from the group back in April and CL's continued effort to slowly-but-surely break into the American market, the label issued a statement confirming that the group's contract came to end back in May, resulting in "a decision of 2NE1's official disbandment after long discussion."

***
Dara's POV

After writing a letter to all Blackjacks, I felt like my world was slowly crumbling.

I will miss the girls so much.  I can't imagine waking up alone in my room now, not hearing Chaerin's voice or how Bommie's comedy antics never failed to make us laugh.

Most of all, I can't believe that Minzy is no longer in YG.

For months, we've been fighting to comeback as a group. But when Boomie's controversial drug scandal forced her to go on indefinite hiatus, all our projects were put on hold. Only me and Chaerin was renewed in YG.

I felt bad for Bom
I felt bad for Minzy
I felt bad for our fans...

I've been crying non-stop until my eyes have no more tears to shed. I felt so alone for the first time...

***
Jiyong's POV

While having dinner with Sajangnim, I can't believe when he dropped the bomb about 2ne1's disbandment.

Just like me, the boys were rendered speechless.

How can Hyung allow them to disband? He care for them so much as much as we do.

We know scandals are common in YG..we thought the agency can handle it well... we never thought he will come to this decision eventually.

These past few months, we seldom have the time to interact with the girls as we're all busy with our own tours but upon hearing the news, I can't help but get angry for them.

For the first time, I shouted back at Sajangnim when he told us the news. No, it can't be! 2ne1 can't be disbanded. 

But the news already came out and there's no turning back.

How is she doing? Is she gonna be ok? How I wanted to call her right now but I'm worried she's going to ignore me. Like she have done this past year.

I called up Chaerin instead to check. Just like me, she's devastated. I can't help them,  I feel so useless right now. I wanted to ask her about Dara but I stopped myself instead.

Without thinking, I grabbed my keys and left them without saying goodbye.

Where am I going? What the heck!

I turned on the engine and drive without thinking. I find myself parked outside 2ne1's old dorm. I'm not even sure if someone is still there but I still find myself pressing the doorbell.

After several rings, I sighed in relief. At least I know Dara is not inside by herself.

As I turned my back towards the elevator I was surprised when I heard her voice.

"Jiyong...?"   She said softly, it was only then I realized her voice is coarse. She must have been crying non-stop.

Without thinking, I run back towards her, grabbed her hand and hugged her with all my might.

"Mian he, I came too late. Cry all you want, I'm here now" I told her softly as I felt her tears wetting my shirt.

"Here, use this" i told her as I pass her my handkerchief. The same one she gave me when we were still trainees in YG. I have always kept it with me.

"Thanks..." she answered. She tried to control her shaking voice but I know she's losing it.

"Why are you here?" she asked

"I was looking for you everywhere as soon as I heard the news. I tried calling CL but I don't want to add to her worries"

"I know this place is important to you. This is where you always go when you're not feeling well or when you want to cry. That's why I came, maybe I can help share your pain"

I know she doesn't want me to be here.. I can feel it when she tried pushing me away.

"Dara...I know things didn't end well for us and I know I'm a dumb person to let you go. But...I want you to know I was the happiest when I was with you. I was serious about us when we were together. I made a lot of stupid things that hurt you..up until you just decided to give up on us" I poured my heart out while I have this chance to tell her.

For the first time after the break up...I felt relieved.

I heard her cry some more..I let her cry while listening to what I'm telling her.

"No matter how much you hate me right now, please let me stay here with you. It's the least I can do for you"

"Thank you" I heard her said with a sad smile. No matter how brief that smile was... it's still the same precious smile that I have loved about her and I'm happy now.

"I'm here now Dara, you're not alone"