29

Jake pov
3 days later
A few weeks ago Colby and I talked with the rest of the house to make sure it way okay and once we got the approval of our roommates Colby and I finalized the contract to rent the new house that was just built next door, for Colby Erin, their baby, Jillian and me to live in.
We got the paperwork finalized a week before we had to go to court in Kansas, and ever since we have been keeping it from Erin.
Colby came to me the day after Him and Erin announced they were pregnant and we had a good heart to heart about the baby and how scared he is. However his main concern was that the house was already at its maximum capacity 2 roommates ago. And we all agreed that the trap house is no place 1 for Jillian to be in, and 2 for a newborn.
Colby and Erin already have all of the baby's stuff bought and everything but didn't have anywhere to set it up so it's been sitting in the upstairs office along with some of their stuff Colby has been secretly moving out of their room. The last few days Jillian, Kat, Sam, Colby and I have been moving their stuff into the new house, the girls have been working on mainly the nursery and Erin and Colby's room, Kat is also helping Jillian set up her room. Sam has been helping me with the rest of the house and Mike Xepher and Brennen are coming by to help move in the rest of the furniture.
It's been super hard to keep this a secret from Erin, but it will all be worth it.
Colby pov
4 days after that
It's about noon and I think Kat is at the house with Jillian working on getting Erin's closet set up with Mike and Xephers help  and Jake and Sam are upstairs. Erin's been sleeping on the couch for the last hour finally. It's been such a war to get her to try and close her eyes this last week and understandably so but is good that she finally resting. She's due in another two weeks at the absolute earliest but the doctor said they are going to try and keep the baby inside of Erin for as long as possible because of possible complications if the baby is born too premature.
I was standing in the kitchen looking through Twitter when I thought I heard the patio door open. With caution I put my phone down quickly and silently walked around the corner seeing nothing but the door wide open. Scared I turned around to go to Erin when a loud BANG went off and there was a sudden rush of pain to my stomach almost knocking me off my feet, the bang happened again and before I knew it I heard Erin scream bring my attention to her.
E- COLBY! Jake! Help!
With my vision clear for a bred moment I saw Charles walking to her.
My blood boiled. I have had enough of this bastard, even just the thought of him has been terrifying Erin for years.
This ends now.
His back turned to me I got up grunting in pain holding my stomach. He didn't hear me though. Just as he put his hands on Erin's wrists he yanked her off the couch and she fell to the floor.
I launched myself at him taking him to the ground, knocking the gun from his hand when we fell.
J & S - COLBY! ERIN!
I heard them yell.
I kept punching Charles in the side of the face as he laughed.
I got dizzy and he was able to push me off of him and pinned he on the ground.
Jake pov
Sam and I sprinted down the stairs when we heard 2 gun shots from downstairs.
It was a bloody mess when we got there.
J & S - COLBY! ERIN!
We yelled together
J- go get the cops!
Sam ran outside yelling for help. When I turned back I saw Colby on his back getting punched. I was frozen in fear but only for a split second. I sprinted to them at jumped on Charles back pulling him off of Colby, I held his arms behind him with my legs wrapped around his mid section.
Erin rushes to Colby crying begging him to open his eyes. My mind went blank as the cops took Charles from me and put him in cuffs, his face dripping blood he was screaming at them to let him go.
Colby..
Blood was coming from his face and mouth as tears filled Sam's and my eyes.
S- Colby! Can you hear me?!
J- we need an ambulance!
I screamed at the cops
Once of them got on the radio and was calling for an immediate road shut down to get a clear path for an ambulance to get to us
Cop- They will be here in 5 minutes! Keep pressure on that
He called to us as they took Charles to the car
I grabbed a blanket from the couch and when I put it to his stomach I was expecting him to wake up and started telling us to take it off calling us names because he was in pain..
but it didn't happen
His eyes stayed closed and he was laying on the floor limp.
Kat and Jillian ran screaming into the house with Mike and Xepher
J- Sam Mike! Get them out of here!
I yelled.
Mike quickly went to Erin and picked her in with her screaming protests and took her outside
Sam didn't leave Colby's side but Kat and Xepher dragged Jillian out of the house with Mike and Erin.
Sam grabbed Colby's wrist and checked for a pulse
S- NO!...
Sam started compressions on Colby's chest after about 30 he checked again but still nothing..
This can't be it... Charles does not get to win...