5

Colby pov
We got to the hotel about 20 minutes ago and Elton and Sam have been inside getting our room upgraded so we can all fit and they just came back outside.
I look over to Jake who's still sleeping and wake him up by shaking him a bit
C- hey, we're here
He sat up and rubbed his eyes when Elton opened the back door
C- hey what room did they move us to?
El- they said because if the circumstances they are gunna give us 2 big room that connect and keep it at the same price we were paying for the other room.
J- seriously?
El- ya, I'm gunna give you guys the keys to the new rooms so you guys go and I'll go pack up the old room
S- are you sure?
El- ya we kept all of our stuff in our bags I'm just gunna grab a cart and load them up then I'll be up
C- are you sure you don't need help?
El- ya I'm fine, just go get her upstairs and see if she'll sleep.
Jake was still so tired he was  actually struggling, so Sam helped him grab the pillows from the hospital and the bag, so I could take care of Erin.
Kat just woke up and grabbed the blankets from the back and followed Sam and I inside.
Sam has the room keys and took us straight to the elevator. We were on the 5th floor when we got out and we all followed Sam down the hall. When we got into the rooms I walked right over to one of the beds in the first room and gently laid Erin down. She was pretty drugged out from the hospital so she hasn't been that awake since we left.
I was taking the pillows from Jake and Sam, using them to prop her leg up, her arm and just trying to get her comfortable.
20 minutes passed and there was a knock at the second door. Kat opened it and let Elton in, then came back and laid down next to Erin so I got up to help Elton unload the bags.
El-how is she
C- she okay for right n-
K- Colby, Jake come here quick
I ran into the room and knelt down next to the bed
Erin was breathing heavy and there were tears streaming down her face as she was fidgeting around
J- Erin, talk to me
She opened her eyes and more tears poured out .
C- are you in pain? What's wrong
E- ..I don't.. feel so good..
she said in between sobs
K- hey, calm down, crying is only going to make it worse
Kat said stroking her hair trying to calm her down
J- Colby, do that thing you did at the hospital earlier
C- Erin look at me, grab my hand and just calm down okay, I'm right here
I said as her hand searched for mine and held tight when she found it
Jake pov
I don't know how Colby is calming her down the way he is but I'm not going to stop him.
I haven't seen Erin like this since she was 16.
Even tho my family practically raised her by law she had to live with her uncle Charles. I didn't get to see her for weeks at a time back then. No one knows this except my family but Charles started hitting her when she was 11 but he got more violent as she got older, being pushed and shoved turned into full on beatings that put her in the hospital. But that's not even the worst of it, and I didn't even know about any of it until one night when Erin was 16  I had dropped her off back at Charles house after she spent the weekend at my family's house, at 3 o'clock in the morning I woke up to her calling me, when I picked up all I heard was screaming and her crying my name. I ran out of my house to my car and speed off to Charles place. On the way I called my mom and told her what happened, I pulled into the driveway and was still on the phone with her when I heard screaming from inside the house.
When I threw the front door open there was a loud thud then the back door open and slammed shut, I ran through the house calling her name but got no response, finally I came to her room and found a broken lamp next to her lying naked and unconscious on the floor face down, she was covered in blood and it was pooling by her head.
At first I was frozen and didn't know what to do, but I quickly grabbed a blanket off of her bed and covered her with it before putting her on her back and calling her name.
Before she even opened her eyes she started sobbing and I didn't realize it then but I was witnessing her have a panic attack. She started screaming and pushing me away probably thinking i was Charles.
Flashback
Jake pov
I came to her room and found a broken lamp next to her lying naked and unconscious on the floor face down, she was covered in blood and it was pooling by her head.
At first I was frozen and didn't know what to do, but I quickly grabbed a blanket off of her bed and covered her with it before putting her on her back and calling her name.
J- Erin, Erin wake up!
She didn't open her eyes but started sobbing and then yelling and screaming, trying to push me away thinking I was Charles
J- Hey, open your eyes. It's Jake, I promise, I've got you
I said repeatedly holding her arms down until she stopped trying to fight me, which happened rather quick when she opened her eyes and saw my face.
She said my names through sobs and I pulled her close trying to get her to calm down.