27

Colby pov
After Jake and I got off the phone with Sam this morning we called the lawyers right away to try and figure something out.
We are now at the courthouse waiting for the judge to come in. It was decided that due to circumstances the original 2 days of court will be shortened into one so we can get back on a flight home.
"All rise"
The door opens as we all stand. The judge sits down and shit got real.
Sam pov
It's nearly 1 in the afternoon and Erin has been sleeping most of the day. The doctor said everything with the baby looks fine but they are still running some tests on Erin and the baby to be sure.
Kat is sleeping in one of the chairs and has been ever since I got back from showing the cops the bathroom at the house where it happened along with the brick and the note attached.. only it wasn't just a note.
There were pictures of Erin, and her and Jake and Colby all together, pictures I they didn't know were taken. From out in public, and even outside our house...
The note was addressed to Erin and all it said was "it will never be over". When she read it, it set her into a panic attack and she needed to be sedated again to calm her down. She's still sleeping as well as Kat.
I've been waiting for Colby to call me with an update on Jillian's case all day but not a peep from him since I called him to tell him about Erin being brought to the hospital.
My attention was brought to Erin's bed when she started mumbling and saying no, I got up and walked over to her
S- Erin?
E-n-no no.. get off of me!
She cried sitting up fast. I caught her in my arms and pulled her close
S- shhhh, it's okay He can't get you
Jake pov
We won custody of Jillian! We had to sign some paperwork after the hearing but as soon as we were done Colby had already booked a flight back to LA and we have an hour left on the flight. Don't get me wrong I'm super happy that we got custody but Charles is out. And he's after Erin. He already knows where we live, and he has staked Erin.
She's lucky the brick only fractured her shoulder blade, and the glass didn't do to much damage. Colby and I are stressing out, he feels like it's his fault because he left her.
There's nothing we can do about it now, we just need to take this day by day and work with the police to figure out what we do.
Erin pov
"How the hell did he get out? I thought he was doing life!"
"There was a gang fight and when the guards tried to stop they said he slipped out along with 3 other inmates"
"How did she take the news?"
"They has to sedate her again, she couldn't calm down"
"Jake.. the baby and her are okay right?"
"Jillian everything is going to be okay"
I slowly began opening my eyes and could put faces with the voices I was hearing.
C- baby?
I turned my head and saw Colby's worried face. My eyes got blurry and tears poured out down my face
C- shhh, I'm here its okay
I sat up and had a sudden rush of pain to my left shoulder blade
E- ahhh
C- careful, careful, can someone go get the doctor please
The door opened then shut as Colby sat on the bed and laid me in his arms. I buried my face in the crook of his neck grabbing at the back of his shirt trying to pull myself closer to him.
I heard the door open again and Colby shifted
C- Jake come here
I felt Colby pick me up enough to let Jake sit where he was. Then he left the room with the doctor
J- it's okay, I've got yah
He said softly stroking my hair.
E- did we win?..
I asked still crying
Jil- we won
Jillian said with a smile
It was a few minutes later that the door opened and Colby came in
C- okay all your paperwork is done and your signed out, let's get you home
I wasn't completely sure I wanted to go home..
Colby pov
We were waiting in a nurse to come give Erin some medicine for the pain and take out all the iv's.
20 minutes later
C- it's okay, just take it slow
Erin was sitting up now trying to get her head to stop spinning
E- I'm really dizzy Colby..
C- I know
She leaned her head into my chest and I held her in my arms
Jake took Kat to the police station with him to talk about Charles, I gave Jillian my keys to go sit in my car, Sam wanted him and I to talk to Erin alone.
Erin was still sitting on the bed leaning into me, but Sam said what he needed to talk about couldn't wait.
S- Erin, Kat showed me some pictures that she stumbled on when you gave her your old phone to wipe the memory on it, do you know the pictures I'm talking about?
I have no idea what Sam's talking about but I guess Erin did, she picked her head up and nodded
S- does Colby know?
E- no..
S- Jake?
E- no..
C- know what?
S- Kat found pictures of.. injuries, that were taken when Erin would have been 9 we think
C- what, Erin why would you hide that from us?
E- I don't know.. I was saving myself from the memory's I guess..
C- is that the last thing you hadn't told us?
S- ya no more secrets
E- yes, I promise.. woah
She started falling back but Sam helped me keep her up right
S- must be the meds
I sighed, well now what, I don't want to take her back to the house till we hear what the police say with Jake and Kat but I also don't want to stay here any longer, I think all of us have some ptsd from being in hospitals.