- 23 -

" There, now it wouldn't be a waste. Would it? " Jackson wiped the edge of his mouth with his sleeve before placing the empty glass in front of Roy. Kimberly didn't manage to stop Jackson from his actions earlier as she was taken aback and froze in her seat.

" Let's go. We need to talk. " Jackson pulled Kimberly's wrist before Roy could even react. The girl had no choice but to follow. As she was dragged away, she turned back to look at Roy and managed to tell him,

" Go back by yourself, I'll be back later! "

When they were finally out of the cafe, Jackson slowed down by letting go of Kimberly's hand— knowing that she'll follow him behind.

" What do you want to talk about? And why are you even here in the first place? " Kimberly started after a few seconds of silence. Jackson decided to halt his steps and settle down at the wooden bench next to him. Kimberly sat next to him immediately, her gaze still glued on the guy who owed her an explanation.

Jackson took a deep breath, thinking to himself,

' I was worried, extremely worried that he would bring you away from me someday if I don't get in between both of you. Somehow jealousy rushed up and I unknowingly walked in the cafe. '

" I'm just strolling around this area and noticed you, that's all. " His reply was short, it wasn't as much as Kimberly had expected. The girl thought that it kinda sounds like an excuse to cover the real motive, especially when everyone knew Jackson would never take a stroll without a proper reason at this moment. He should be thinking of ways to track his body by now, and yet he's not. However, Kimberly couldn't be bothered and decided to shook the thoughts off by going straight to her point.

" Anyways, what do you want to talk about? "

" I need you to stay away from that guy named Roy. " Jackson said, his face was serious and there was no hint of him joking or anything. Kimberly couldn't believe her ears and questioned,

" Why? There's nothing wrong with Roy. " Kimberly was somehow worried and she knew it would be a hard task, as that guy was asking her to stay away from her own crush. She was curious as to what had happened because Jackson used to be so supportive that he teased them and even helped her to get closer to Roy. All she could thought of was, if Roy is blocking his path in finding his body. 

" There is something wrong with him. I can't tell you now, this is between me and him. So just listen to me, alright? "

For some reason, Kimberly finds it hard to accept Jackson's request as he have no proper explanation. It sounds so unreasonable by now. But surely, Jackson is hiding something from her. She was clear that Jackson had no intention in telling her and it won't be easy to force him to spill the beans either.

-

" Roy. . , I'm back. " Kimberly slowly opened the door just to see no one in the living room. The girl whom was certain that Roy would be sitting at the living room by now was confused and hurriedly went in.

' That's weird. Could he be at his room by now? I gotta go and apologise as soon as possible. '

The girl placed her belongings on the couch before she rushed to the second floor, which is where Roy's room located at. Her thoughts were filled with different kind of words and sentences to apologise to Roy.

She lightly knocked on the wooden door for a few times, took a step back and waited with her heads down. Unfortunately, there was no response at all. She decided to move nearer to the door and raised her voice,

" Roy? You in there? "

' Maybe he's really not home. But that's not right, he could've send me a message. '  Kimberly thought and immediately pulled out her phone from her pants' pockets. As expected, there was no messages at all. Negative thoughts then came rushing in her mind,

' No way, did he faint or something in there!? I know this is his room and I shouldn't just enter without his permission, but a life might be at risk right now. '

Kimberly lightly nod her head as she had decided to just enter. With that, she twisted the doorknob and rushed in. She was once again confused as no one was in there.

" Agh, now look at what I've done. I just barged in without his permission. Better get out before he's back- " Kimberly muttered to herself before something in the room captured her attention. It was an average looking envelope that was placed on his bed.

" Is that what I'm thinking? A. . Love letter? " Kimberly asked herself, somehow feeling disappointed inside. She slowly walked towards the bed and lifted the envelope up with one of her hand while she placed her phone back in her pocket.

' Is it okay for me to even open this? It's not like he'll know. '  Kimberly rotated the envelope back and forth, scanning it.

' But, it's like invading his privacy. ' Guilt started to rush up in her and as she was about to put the letter back to it's usual spot, another thought appeared in her mind,

' But then, I'm still curious. What if it's really a love letter? '  Kimberly gulped upon the thought she feared most. She stared at the envelope intently before she once again pick it up.

' Wait a second, that had nothing to do with me. Ugh, forget it. I'll just take a peek, just a peek! '  Kimberly finally settled down with a decision. She knew and was confident that a peek wouldn't hurt.

The girl opened the envelope carefully, trying her best not to leave any evidence behind by not leaving creases on the new envelope. She then peeked in as planned, but something in there caught her attention instead. It was something she never expected,

" Huh, why did I just saw my name? "

The confused girl have completely forgotten about the fact that she should've peeked and place it back as if nothing had happened, according to the plan. However, her urge to open the envelope grew stronger all of a sudden upon seeing her name. Which explains why she opened the envelope wider enough for her to reach the paper in there.

It was a diagnosis from the hospital. A heart failure diagnosis. What's even unexpected was, Kimberly's name was written on there. The girl couldn't believe the diagnosis actually belonged to her. Just by looking at the diagnosis, she could feel her head starting to hurt a little.

However, the diagnosis wasn't the only thing in there. There was another paper, it was pretty obvious that it was a contract.

.

.

.

.

A heart transplant contract.

She started to scan the contract but it only causes her head more pain. It was the exact same as feeling as last time where she hid in the cupboard with Roy. She knew the pain is going to get worse if she kept on, which is why she decided to just take the whole thing with her and exit the room.

Kimberly felt weak as she tried to walk to her room. Luckily, it wasn't' that far from Roy's room. The girl slumped right on the bed when she arrived, leaving the file on the table next to her.

-- Author's note --

I would like to apologize to those who are still waiting for this story's update. But this story would be discontinued unless there are any change of plans. Still, I would like to thank all of you for the support and likes I've received. It motivated me in writing back then. Maybe someday I might be back and write again when I've dealt with my current projects. So, once again, I'd like to thank anyone who's still reading this.