- 22 -

" Kim, here. Rest for awhile, you might feel better. " Roy gestured the girl towards the bed as he slowly helped her in heading towards that direction by gripping firmly her right arm and her shoulder to ensure that she wouldn't fall.

" I'm sorry, Roy. I guess it's hard for me to regain my memories now. " Kimberly apologised, facing the ground as she sat on the edge of the bed with Roy sitting next to her.

" It's alright, no rush. I just wanted you to remember all of our fun memories before, because lately both of us aren't as close as before anymore, which kinda makes me feel upset. " The guy said with his smile slowly fading into a frown, causing Kimberly to felt even more guilty. She knew that she had totally forgotten her friends and things she usually do before she decided to even help Jackson.

The girl did not even realise how much she was enjoying her time in helping Jackson that she had forgotten things that used to be important to her. To Roy, it must've felt like she was a completely different person before and after her memory loss.

" I really didn't know, because I was somehow busy nowadays with something important. Maybe we could spend more time together like we used to, you know to make it up for the times we lost. "

" Really? Then how about tomorrow? Let's go somewhere and have fun for the whole day, just the two of us. " Roy held Kimberly's hand immediately, looking excited. The girl somehow blushed at the thought of just two of them, and she came to realise that maybe, or perhaps, or somehow, Roy did have feelings for her.

" Sure thing. " Kimberly nodded her head as the feeling of excitement filled in her within a few seconds after having thoughts of what they'll be doing tomorrow. However, after Roy had left Kimberly's room, her thoughts then drifted towards Jackson. She did not understand why she would often thought of Jackson all of a sudden. Perhaps it's because Kimberly have been seeing that same face for months? That's what she thought.

-

The next day, Kimberly woke up unusually early because of what Roy had planned yesterday. She prepared herself just in time and managed to somehow avoid her breakfast, which she definitely would not want it to ruin her date today. They then took a taxi for around half an hour before they finally arrived at the destination— the amusement park.

" This place looks somehow familiar. " Kimberly said as she stood right at the entry of the amusement park. She felt nostalgic all of a sudden— looking at all the rides or stalls there.

" Of course, it's our favourite place. I figured you've forgotten about this part as well. But that's alright, that's the reason why I brought you here. " Roy grinned at Kimberly then pulled her hand as they both sprinted around just to get on the rides they've had their eyes on.

After a few rides, Roy suggested that they should take a break as it is already time for lunch. With that, Kimberly agreed and Roy decided to bring the girl along to settle down at a cafe that was opened inside the amusement park. The doorbell chimed as Roy pushed the wooden door open, He was then welcomed by a strong smell of freshly made pastries and especially the aroma of coffee beans in the air.

It took Kimberly a step into the cafe to realise that they were here to eat. Roy totally did not mention where they would take a break, which explains why the feeling of regret started to grow inside Kimberly.

' Not again. . . '  That's what she thought before she decided to just accept her fate to enter the cafe and think of something else when they were supposed to eat.

They sat opposite from each other and Kimberly could feel droplets of sweats forming on her forehead by now. She gulped in fear right when a waitress came to their table with two menus' in her hands.