- 21 -

It was just a glimpse of an eye before the following day arrived. Kimberly sat up from her bed as she could still remember how she spent half of the night throwing up in the toilet. She yawned, stretching out her arms as she was glad that she was finally freed from the toilet.

A grin was plastered across her face while thinking that she was ready to face the new day positively. That grin did not last long before a thought abruptly cut in, making each and every of her movements stopped.

" Wait a second, yesterday night. . Jackson. . " She muttered to herself, trying to recall everything that had happened and how she wasn't supposed to be on the bed. Kimberly could only remember how she accepted Jackson's offer to take a step closer in their relationship and even how she spent half of the night. Images of her sleeping on Jackson's shoulder struck in her like a lightning, she could almost feel her heart dropped because of that unexpected action.

The girl whom already had a crimson red face, then realised she actually owe Jackson the word ' Thanks '. It was when she remembered how she kept throwing up and then dozed off on Jackson's shoulder after she was done. It wasn't once, and she had repeated that action for like countless of times due to being too exhausted. She was certain that Jackson did not sleep for the whole night at all because of her.

After all the pieces of memories that whirled up in her mind, Kimberly can't help but squealed in embarrassment and laid back down as she rolled on the bed left to right continuously until she couldn't feel the bed below her- in which she accidentally rolled out from the bed and landed on something she didn't expect. Everyone would've expected a hard cement floor, but it was a person instead.

Kimberly had her eyes widened when the person whom she accidentally landed on, lifted his eyelids. Obviously because he was bothered by the strong impact that landed on his body. The girl gulped her saliva, not changing her position at all as she was too immersed in staring at the guy.

They had an eye contact for around 5 seconds before Kimberly broke it off,

" Oh gosh, Jackson I-i'm sorry! " Kimberly stuttered a little due to the nervousness that rushed up abruptly. She immediately lifted her own body and stood up, trying to brush away the dust on her clothes in an awkward manner.

" It's alright. By the way, are you feeling better now? Should I get Karry to help? " Jackson sounded as if he was worried about Kimberly's condition due to what have happened yesterday night. Kimberly would be lying if she said she weren't moved by Jackson's sudden change of attitude towards her including what had happened yesterday night.

Kimberly shook her head in denial before she smiled softly as she replied,

" No no no, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. "

" How could I not when you've literally just spent the whole night throwing up in the toilet? That guy is seriously trying to kill you by letting you eat so much. " Jackson's mood definitely changed the moment he mentioned about Roy, and somehow Kimberly felt guilty because Roy was innocent in this situation.

" Jackson, it's not Roy's fault. He don't even know anything about this. He's not one of us, neither did he know vampires actually exists. So, please don't ever blame him. "

Jackson was about to reply Kimberly's statement but before he could do so, they heard a loud and clear knock on the wooden door. Both of them exchanged glances for a second, knowing who was the one knocking.

" Hurry, teleport. " Kimberly whispered, afraid that Roy might hear something. Jackson nodded before he disappeared into the thin air, leaving Kimberly to stare at the spot where Jackson was standing awhile ago.