-04-

"Y-your body?" Kimberly asked to make sure what she heard was correct. Jackson nodded his head before replying,

"Yes. Didn't I mentioned that I'm only a vampire soul that lives in your heart? So, Your job now is to help me find my body."

"That means you're dead? Since, you're just a soul now." Kimberly said as she scanned that guy which calls himself a soul from up to down.

"Not really. As long as my heart is still beating, I'm still alive. After all, vampires will only die when their heart stops beating. Only that my heart is in your body."

"Uhm. How did your heart even get in here? And where's mine?" Kimberly asked which really sounded like a funny question. It's actually her first time asking these kind of questions which sounds stupid.

"Because of organ transplant. And yours, I'm not sure. But mainly those people must've caught you and now, you're their test subject."

"Organ transplant. . .? Still, who are those people? Why out of all people is it me?"

"Yeah. Those mad scientist. They're on an experiment to see if it'll work if they transplant a vampire's organ into human. Still, don't ask too much. Stop asking." Jackson placed his fingers on Kimberly's lips to shush it since she's asking way too much.

"And. Protect yourself. You might be in danger since nowadays a lot of vampires are gonna target you. But, don't worry, I will help you."

"Why am I their target? Since when are you even kind enough to help me?"

"Because of me. They want to kill me. But in order to kill me, they need to stab in your heart which is again, mine. Do you even think I'm kind enough to help you? It's for my own sake."

Before Kimberly gets to reply another word, Jackson cuts in immediately with something that suprised her.

"So in conclusion, If I die, you die."

"W-what!?" Kimberly was definitely suprised about it, she thought that she has nothing to do with his death. Why do she have to die with that guy?

"Shush. Someone is coming." Jackson said before vanished in the midth of the air as someone came to the rooftop right after he vanished.

Jesslyn.

"Oh Kim! I finally found you. Come with me, Mrs. Liu is finding for you." Jes smiled as she said those words before pulling Kim's hand, bringing her away from the rooftop. She just followed her to where that Mrs. Liu is.

-

School's finally over and Kim's on her way back home. Her family does have cars, drivers and all. But, Kim isn't the kind to show off even if she's from a wealthy family. Thus, her house isn't that far from the school. Which made her thought she could just walk, also to lose some weights as benefit.

Everything was normal, until someone tapped her shoulders causing her to stopped herself from walking and turned back to look at the person who tapped her shoulder. At first, she plastered a huge smile to the person that tapped her shoulder, but after seeing who's that person who tapped her, her mood immediately changed.

"What?" She crossed her arms while asking that guy who's standing infront of her, which is him. That guy could only ask himself what's with the girl's impolite, cold attitude. She was supposed to be scared of him.

"Come. Let's meet someone." Jackson said without any expressions too but he clings his arms at Kim's shoulder before bringing her with him. Kim wanted to reject meeting that someone because she knew it's not gonna be any better. But she can't.

She's afraid that, Jackson would once again make her feel the pain.

-

She kept on walking to where that guy lead her to. Without realizing, the girl went in a shop, all she could see was various kind of flowers being arranged neatly. She explored the whole place until. . .

"Oh great. What do we have here?" A guy who's around her age suddenly popped out of nowhere. She kinda thought that the guy was good looking since he looked really cool. At least more cooler than Jackson for sure.

"Uhm. . I-i uh. ." She don't even know what should she say since it's Jackson who brought her here. But Jackson is gone. Her head kinda turned here and there just to see if Jackson's around. Too bad, he's not. He left her without her realising.

"Someone brought you here?" That guy asked as he kinda sniffed the air like he smelled something. It was not that obvious but she was staring at every movement he made.

"Ye-" Before she got to finish her words, She was already pinned to the wall nearby. That was fast, he's like quite further away from Kim. But, Kim could only wonder why is this guy so fast like in just a glimpse of an eye, the guy was already near to her.

"Uh. . Excuse me, I-" Kim's already panicked as she wondered where's Jackson and why did he left. That guy kept on cutting the girl's words. Which she's kinda annoyed that she can't finish a sentence.

"Shush human. You came just in time. I haven't have my meal for more than 12 hours already. You have a weird smell, but unique." That guy whispered in the girl's ear making her to blush since it's really near. And Kim was definitely suprised that she thought she heard it wrong.

He did said, human. Right? Then what is he? Kim asked herself in her heart. She then thought of, vampires.

Slowly, that guy lowered his head moving towards her neck. Kim kinda had goosebumps since she felt the guy's hot breath touched her skin.

She was getting even more afraid now. Because their distance are too close  Still, the girl did tried to push the guy away but we all know it's impossible. With just one hand, he could held the girl's hand back from moving even an inch.

"Don't be afraid. It'll all end in a few seconds." Once again, that guy whispered at her ear. That actually didn't help, it made it more worst. Hearing that she'll die in that few seconds made things worse.

Now all she could think of is Jackson. Where is he? Why is he leaving the girl here? Is he doing this on purpose?

After all, it'll all end in a few seconds.

.

.

.

.

.