- 14 -

" How to get to that hidden space? "

Silence filled the hallway as they were brainstorming of a way. Kimberly then lowered down her head to look at the floor;

' This is the border line. If the way to get to that hidden space is really behind one of these locked doors, logically it's the nearest door to the border line. '  Kimberly turned her head left then right, just to scan for the nearest door before her eyes landed on one. Without hesitating for another second, the girl walked nearer towards the door, twisting the doorknob open even if she knew it was locked.

" Jackson, I got a feeling it's in here. " The guy raised his head up right away, turning to Kimberly before walking towards her. He lifted one of his hand near to Kimberly's stomach— signalling the girl to stand back as he tried to examine the door. Kimberly who understood hurriedly stayed a few centimetres away, leaving the job to Jackson.

The guy tried to twist the doorknob while using another hand to push the door's surface. But as expected, it is still shut. Obviously, it needs a key in order to open and that is the troublesome part.

' Ugh there's not much time left to search for the keys. ' Jackson thought, still staring at the door infront of him. A punch then landed on the door by Jackson, whilst Kimberly could already see how frustrated the guy felt by now. She lifted her wrist, took a glance at her wristwatch before she finally understood why was the guy feeling frustrated. Time passed in a blink of an eye, it was almost time for the museum to close and that means they might have to come back again tomorrow.

" Kimberly, I heard footsteps. I assume the guards are coming. Try to spare me thirty seconds, " Jackson said, before Kimberly lightly nodded her head. She walked towards the sound of the footsteps without even questioning him although she did not know what was the guy's mind. Plans and excuses were filled in her mind, which made her confidence level boost.

" Hey! What are you doing there!? Can't you see it's the restricted area? " The guard came, pointing his index finger at Kimberly. With that, the girl kneeled on the floor, acting anxious while she was trying to search for something. She then coughed a few times, hitting her chest naturally as if she was trying to calm them down.

" I-i'm sorry, sir. My glasses are gone, I did not intend to walk in this restricted area. I promise I'll be out of here within a second, just let me get my glasses. It should be around here. " The girl kept on her acting with her back facing the guard instead, just to pretend as if she found the glasses even if there isn't any glasses here. If the girl had faced the guard, he would've known it was lie because it's obvious there wasn't any glasses here.

Well, for your information, Kimberly is still trying her best in acting as a sick woman. And so, she let out a few more coughs which sounds extremely terrible than the ones before. The guard had a concerned look on in an instant,

" I'm sorry Miss, do you perhaps need my help? " The guard politely offered, about to take a step nearer towards Kimberly just when he heard the girl coughing again. However, he failed to do so after he heard Kimberly's phone ringing loudly. The ringtone was loud and not to mention it was an upbeat song. Kimberly hurriedly replied to his offer,

" N-no, thanks! I think I found it, you may go back to work now. Thank you, really! " The girl raised her voice in order to win over the phone's ringtone, leaving the guard confused why the girl did not answer the phone or even just hung up. It is odd how Kimberly just left the phone ringing. She lifted and tilted her head a little as she was trying to see if Jackson is done and unexpectedly the guy was already gone. Kimberly mentally praised her acting skills since the guard had bought her lies and went back to work.