-10-

Jackson was near to snatching Roy's phone and smashing it on the floor, but that was until something caught both their attention.

Kimberly was trying to move, and she could barely open her eyes wide yet. She seemed pale and weak by now but she managed to tug on Roy's pants— grabbing his attention. Just for a second, both their hearts were relieved to see the girl awake from her unconscious state.

" K-Kimberly- " A loud thud came right after Roy said those words and collapsed on the floor. Little did he know, another guy sneaked in and knocked him out. The guy huffed as he placed his hands on his waist right after knocking Roy out.

" Karry? Can't believe you're late. This guy almost took her to the hospital. " Jackson sighed in relief upon seeing his own friend came to the rescue. He had called Karry to come over with some medicine or things that might help Kimberly in recovering.

" I almost couldn't leave my shop. Be grateful I'm here. And, I'm really disappointed with you this time. " Karry replied without even facing his friend as he took a seat beside Kimberly's bed. He then took the medicine he got, out from his backpack and even prepared a bottle of blood.

" What? "

" Bro, why are you doing stupid things again? " Karry asked, still decided to not face Jackson since he was busy helping Kimberly to change her position from laying to sit. Jackson watched Karry as his friend carefully supported Kimberly with one hand in order to let her sit while he uses his free hand to lift the pillow, changing it's position as well.

" What did I do? " Jackson asked, crossing his arms, dissatisfied with what Karry had just stated. Karry heaved a sigh then turned back to face his friend,

" You left her in the pouring rain. "

" Well that's not my fault. She could've find a spot to hide from rains and not insist on running back home. I got nothing to do with this. And, you knew it isn't possible to teleport her back with me. " Jackson replied, trying to defend himself from Karry's words.

" You know it's actually possible. But it requires more energy than it usually does. " Karry said nonchalantly, and somehow Jackson had a surprised look across his face for a second before he then changed his facial expression instantly as he replied,

" I-i know. But, I'm low on blood yesterday. I might die if I do that. So, I could only teleport myself back. " Jackson stuttered due to the lie that he had just let out, whereby he actually did not know he could teleport a human as well and Karry knew that from the change of Jackson's tone.

It isn't odd, Jackson is at the age of a vampire that is still in learning process and there still are things that he didn't know he could do. However, Karry was already an experienced and an expert in the world of vampire, which explains why he knew most of the things related to that.

" Yeah right. Teleport yourself back. You're making it sound like you're really innocent, eh? Why not bring an umbrella for her when you're already at home? You could've just teleport yourself back to find her and give her that umbrella. Am I wrong? " Karry scoffed as he replied to Jackson's excuses.

" N-no. You're right. I . . Can't find the umbrella, or shall I say, I never have that thought. " Jackson laughed as it then slowly became an awkward laugh. He only prayed that Karry would change the subject by now, even if he was certain that Karry wouldn't let go of this subject easily.

" Jackson, you're a smart boy. I know what you're up to. You're annoyed with the girl and you hate her, but trust me, you wouldn't like it if she fell sick. Your life is gonna be at stake too, not just hers. "

It took both of the guys quite awhile to move on from this topic while Kimberly still felt a little weak to open her mouth especially after she had the medicine. Karry was done helping Kimberly with her medicine and was about to walk nearer towards Jackson. However, he felt something under his foot and lifted his foot immediately before he lowered his head a little, in order to have a better look at what's below.