Harper

On my way home that day I was thinking about the white haired boy, or as now I have learned, is named Zero Jones. An interesting name, no doubt, but at least it is one. I let my mind wander as I sipped on my waterbottle. Everything seemed like sugar and fairy dust, until a white van drove into the puddle on the curb, soaking me with water. I angrily flipped the driver off, "The nerve of some people-" change of plans now, I guess. At first I was supposed to go meet Griffin at the cafe on Holdsworth, but now I have to change.

Walking through the front door of my house, I found that my mom was vonunteering at the church with some social event. I took a sigh of relief, taking a cookie out of my mom's ceramic jar. Venturing into my room, I changed my clothes while taking a bite of the stale chocolte chip in my hand. I found a cute cream flower dress with little pink petunias all over it, and found it perfect for the 'date'. I paired some pastel flats with this, along with fixing my makeup and hair.

Taking a final look at myself in the mirror, I became very proud of how I looked. I went back downstairs, licking the sticky chocolate off of my fingers. I waited in my living room for Griffin to get there, while reading a book. This book was titled, "My lovely heart". It was about this girl who was, not indifferent from me, starting her junior year at a entirely new school. She has her eye on guy, and two different ones have feelings for her. I am at the part where is deciding on who she was going to go with, micheal or liam, when I heard the honking of Griffin's car. Disappointed, I put the book down and walked outside, forgetting my phone.

Griffin got out of the car, smiling, "Hello, beautiful." He said to me, waving his hand. I returned the smile, letting him open the passenger car door for me. I got in, looking aroud his mercedes. I was quite amazed at how clean he kept it, being a teenager. I felt the car moving, his voice ringing in my ear, "So, Ms. Collins-" he started, "where did you go to school before Cornerville?" He asked. I looked out the window, not paying much attention as I was incredibly nervous, "Oh, uh...Lushberry. It was really small and on the other side of town." I spoke, my words trailing off, as my eyes were glued to the window. I heard a long sigh coming from him, before his warm, callused hand on my chin. I felt him nudging for my head to look his direction.

"You at like this is your first time." He said, smiling. I'm assuming from the embarrassment on my face, he learned the truth, "You haven't?" he asked. I nodded, looking into his big green eyes. He seemed pleased, "Well, princess, let me be your first." He said, parking in the cafe's parking lot, and getting out. Before I could open my door, he did so for me. "Come on, you can't be this new to the concept." he playfully joked. I laughed awkwardly, taking his hand as we both walked in. I took a moment to admire his dark green t-shirt and khakis, loving how casual he looked without looking sloppy. Like he cared.

I followed him to a booth just by the window, my brown hair covering up my view of everything else around me. I grabbed a sugar packet, and played wiht it to distract myself. This is when he started getting a little sketchy. "So..do you live alone?" He asked me. I shook my head, "No, it's just my mom is gone a lot and Kai has scored himself a job at Mcdonalds, so they aren't home often." I said to him, my brown eyes meeting his. He found this interesting, "Woah..so you walk home from school then, like you did today?" he interrogated. I scoffed, playfully, "What is this? Good cop bad cop?" I queeried, smirking.

He shook his head, "No, No, love. Nothing like that at all~" he spoke as if that was totally what this was. He opened his mouth to ask another question, but was interrupted by the waiter coming and asking for our order. He ordered like a bacon burger type thing, and all I wanted was a strawberry milkshake. As he walked off, Griffin's eyes returned to being fixated on me. "Can you tell me something, Harper?" he asked, his voice getting quieter by the secound, "I know who you are...I know you have powers..but I don't know what species.." he said. Kai warned me never to give anyone this information, but I really liked Griffin...

"A mermaid." I said, "A blue tailed one at that..why? How did you figure it out?" My ears were open to anything he was about to say now. Griffin smirked, "That's a secret, bugaboo. I won't tell anyone...you can trust me." he said, as the waiter dropped off their food. Sipping my milkshake, hearing his final words, "I wouldn't trust Zero if I were you...he'd make sure you're dead before you can even say, 'sorry'." \

Just as those were spoken, I felt a sharp pain in my back, it growing stronger and stronger until it was like firey hot knives were coarsing through my body. With this, almost camewith lightheadedness. My vision grew blurrier and blurrier until I could hardly see anything.

"Griffin?" I was out.