The Dance

I woke up to the sound of anger. I don’t want to perform with him. Anger was deafening me and I just felt like missing school. I forced myself out of bed and I put on the first outfit that I saw which was a blue skirt, a black and white patterned top and black converse. I kept my hair down and then I went downstairs. I had very little time to get to the studio because of the debate I had with myself upstairs. I grabbed a banana and a water bottle and I walked to school with Angie. I ate the banana on the way and I also drank the water to keep myself hydrated for the dance. Angie and I walked straight to the stage. We were exactly on time just as Pablo started talking. I sat down next to Maxi because there was no space next to Leon. Andres and Broaduey were sitting next to him and they were in the first row. I sat in the very last back row with just Maxi.

“ Good Morning everybody, Today Gregorio’s students are going to be performing a dance. If you are not doing this dance, then you will be doing the in-class individual assessment for this semester. Students will be performing in groups of two a dance that they have been practicing for ten days. First up is Maxi and Francesca dancing to the song Shake it off by Taylor Swift. Every pair will be graded on: Group work, Creativity and timing. Best of luck to all the students “ Pablo said as Maxi and Fran got up on the stage. I guess it’s hard for them because they’re both dating somebody. Now that I think about it, Maybe Diego has a girlfriend that he is cheating on. I’m going to ask him or Marco.

“ Thank you Maxi and Francesca, That was really great, Next up is Broaduey and Camilla dancing to Rude my Magic. “ Pablo said as he walked to the table of judges that we’re in front of the stage.

“ Awesome job, Next up is Sarah and Michael dancing to All about that base by Meghan Trainor  “ He said as another group went on stage.

“ Great job, Up next is Bailey and Luke dancing to La La La by Sam smith “ Pablo said. Damn, Diego and I are next. Is it too late to run away? I walked towards the door and I stood out of sight panicking. I heard footsteps coming from behind me.

“ Vilu, Are you alright? “ I heard Cami and Fran say. I turned around and they looked really worried

“ I don’t want to do this “ I said to them

“ If I knew that Diego was a love freak then I would have let you dance with Maxi, I’m so sorry “ Fran said to me

“ This is not your fault Fran “ I said to her

“ The pair before you is almost done “ Cami said to me worried

“ Breath in, Breath out Vilu “ Fran instructed me as I did what she said

“ Is this all about Leon? “ Cami asked me

“ No, it’s just that i’m scared “ I told them

“ Your scared because of Leon “ Fran said to me

“ Okay Your right but also because of the kiss “ I said to them

“ C’mon you have to go “ Cami said to me

“ The only reason that I’m listening to you is because your the oldest out of us three and i’m the youngest “ I told Cami laughing

“ And your our slave “ Fran said to me making me laugh “ Now c’mon “ She said as she pulled me to the room.

“ Thank You Bailey and Luke, That was awesome , Our final pair is Violetta and Diego dancing to How to be a heartbreaker by Marina and the diamonds “ Pablo said as he walked off the stage. Fran and Cami cheered me before I walked to the stage. I saw Leon looking at me smiling as I walked to the stage. He mouthed to me ‘ I love you ‘ and I smiled at him. Diego smiled at me and the music started. We did the dance and I was happy to have my personal space for the time being. Gosh I sound like Ramallo. It was great until the part where he flips. He pulled me close to him and then we both spun. I saw Leon looking at me giving me a thumbs up. We danced perfectly and then we ended the song. My heart was beating out of my chest. I saw Fran, Cami, Maxi and leon signalling me to get off the stage. I felt Diego looking at me and then I turned to him. He was leaning in and I was frozen for a second. Sense hit me right in the face and then I walked off the stage. Good Job Violetta! I said to myself as I walked and sat with Maxi. I saw Diego looking at Gregorio and then at me.

“ That was truly amazing Violetta and Diego, Thank you all for joining us today, You may now go to your next classes “ Pablo said as everyone piled by the door. I went to my class with Angie without being stopped by Diego. I didn’t see him for the whole day. Thank Goodness.