Ch 16. Entering Unconsciousness

Previously, while Kagome was still unconscious, in their embrace, under a tree, and sheltered from the rain late at night, Naraku and Onigumo had finally come to terms with the unexplainable peace they were feeling.

ooo

It continued to rain heavily and there were no signs the weather would be lightening up anytime soon, but Onigumo and Naraku did not mind. Except for the few drops of water that would occasionally slip through the tree's dense branches and leaves, they and Kagome have stayed relatively dry using the tree as a shelter from the rain.

Naraku thought back to how they and Kagome have gotten themselves into this odd predicament and like how he noted before, he brought up the change within him and Onigumo that had occurred this night.

Onigumo sighed, "I still cannot conclude why this is."

The merge. The Sacred Jewel. Naraku took a pause before continuing, Or the wench could be to blame.

How would the Priestess be to blame for our change in character?

Intuition, leave no stone unturned, Naraku flatly replied.

Kagome started stirring in her sleep and mumbling incoherent sentences.

"Stop..." tilting her head up and frowned her eyebrows as she continued, "No..."

Onigumo noticing her change in demeanor held her closer to his body as an attempt to soothe her pains.

However, as he held onto her tighter his eyelids grew heavy. Until he could not open them again.

ooo

Author's Note: Sorry for such a short chapter! Thank you for 3000 reads! And I'm back! Every Saturday! Please! Please, give me feedback on my work! Good! Bad! Or even grammar corrections! I'd really appreciate it!