Ch. 12 Helping Kagome

Author's Note: I know where I want to take this story, but I'm having a hard time exactly figuring out how I'm going to get it there. And don't be surprised Naraku calling Kagome, wench, or anything instead of her name because, well, he is Naraku.

ooo

Previously, it was still raining, it was still night time and our kind heroine was still stuck under a tree with the most heartless half-demon on Earth. And, for the third time tonight Kagome was shedding tears she could not control; however, this time these tears she was shedding was accompanied by extreme pain in her chests and incomprehensible heavy despair.

ooo

It hurts. It hurts so much, Kagome thought to herself.

With her lasting strength before losing consciousness, she manages to whisper "Inuyasha... help me."

ooo

What shall we do, Naraku, Onigumo wondered.

I still have a use for her in mind, so it is out of the question to simply leave her in such a condition.

Then what do you presume we should do? Look at her, she is sweating nonstop.

To make sure he was correct, Onigumo strengthened his hold on Kagome while moving his left hand away from her right cheek to her forehead.

And her forehead is burning.

Naraku became slightly irritated.

This is why humans are weak. Not only by the mind, but their bodies also cannot even withstand sickness.

Naraku, that is beside the point, if you truly want to keep the Priestess alive to use her on a later day then I suggest we do something about her condition because I do not believe this is a simple sickness she is having.

What has led you to believe so, Naraku asked curiously.

Onigumo internally sighs, you truly are a demon who does not understand the human body.

Ah, but Onigumo I certainly do. From all the human bodies I have decapitated, ripped apart limb from limb, poisoned, tortured to death... And the human women bodies I have pleasured behind their lover or husband's back, Naraku remarked with a tone of utter bone chilly amusement and arrogance.

Onigumo was lightly surprised by Naraku's words and took a pause before saying anything back because even though Naraku had laced his statements with appalling amusement and arrogance, Onigumo knew very knew he was not lying.

When considering Naraku, one should not question what he has done because that would be underestimating him and only a fool with a death wish would underestimate Naraku. What one should ask is, what has he not done. He has not only killed but massacred. He has not only stole but manipulated. He has not only raped but pleasured.

At this given moment, there is not a sin, this demon has not at least committed more the once.

It might be because Onigumo has been with Naraku for more than half a century or it has been such a long time since he was the last conscious, but Onigumo had mildly forgotten the demon he is currently sharing a body with is the most immoral and merciless demon in all of Japan, and highly possible, the world.