Ch. 3 Kikyo's Confession

Previously, Kagome started following Kikyo's soul collector and someone with ruby eyes has made it clear that they have an interest in our beloved heroine.

ooo

With tears of rejection blurring her vision, Kagome continued with all the strength she could muster to run away from what she witnessed in the forest.

Why?! Why, won't the tears stop? I already knew this might happen, so why does it hurt so much? Why?!

As Kagome's heart continued shatter to itty-bitty pieces that would make the Sacred Jewel shards pale in comparison, she kept running.

She ran until she could not feel her legs anymore. When she finally stopped running away from Inuyasha and Kikyo, her legs were too exhausted to hold her up any longer. She fell onto her knees and was simply breathless after running for so long.

As if reality had not crushed her enough, Kagome started remembering what Kikyo said and as she stayed there on the ground, Kikyo words would not stop ringing in her ears.

ooo

"Kikyo I do love you! I love you more than you even know," Inuyasha shouted desperately as he looked at Kikyo with eyes beaming with love.

Kikyo looked at Inuyasha with such hurt-filled eyes, "Answer me, Inuyasha... why do I see you wagging your tail towards my reincarnation as though you love her more than you love me?"

Inuyasha was utterly dumbstruck, "Kikyo what are you talking―"

Kikyo's eyes quickly narrowed at Inuyasha and she finally snapped at him.

"Do not dare try to lie to me, Inuyasha. You love my reincarnation more than you love me. I know you love her, from the way you look at her. It is the same way you look at me... but stronger... with more passion... with more love... "

Inuyasha sighed.

He did love Kagome he admits to himself, but that does not mean he loves Kikyo any less.

"Kikyo, I love you and Kagome. You are both very important to me... I can't simply choose between you two."

"Then I will choose for you Inuyasha," Kikyo countered.

Inuyasha was fast to protest, "You can't―"

Kikyo with a sad smile on her rosy lips interrupted Inuyasha.

"Yes I can Inuyasha and I will. I choose to back down..."

Inuyasha took a step towards Kikyo while reaching out his hand and with a confused look on his face.

"Kikyo, what do you mean?"

Kikyo looked at Inuyasha straight in the eyes to ensure she could get her message across, as she confessed to him how she has been feeling as of late.

"When I was first brought back from death, I loathed you. I believe you betrayed me for the Sacred Jelewl. And even when I learned of the truth I still could not let go of the hatred I held towards you..."

After taking a moment to recollect herself Kikyo continued, "However, I see now, I no longer hate you, but myself. I let myself be fooled by Naraku's villainous tactics which lead to our downfall. Based on my muddled memories I tried to kill you and my reincarnation multiple times. I refused to listen to Kaede... I no longer have the right to stand beside you."

Hearing Kikyo's confession, left Inuyasha with nothing to say. He simply did the only thing he could think of to do in a situation like this. He started walking towards Kikyo, the closer he got to her, the calmer he became.

Seeing Inuyasha come closer Kikyo still held her composer on the outside, but inside she was a complete mess and if it was not for the rotten smell of death radiating off of her, Inuyasha would have been able to smell her internal mess of emotions consuming her in the inside.

Inuyasha what are you planning? Why do you have that gleam in your eyes? I beg of you, Inuyasha, please do not give me false hope...