ch. nineteen

the current us

shane was antsy in his last period class of the day, there was only ten minutes left of science, yet it felt like eternity. the ginger saw at the corner of his eye that farlan was staring directly at him, as he then turned his head towards him, giving him a soft smile. farlan sent one back, only a little curve to his lips. 

soon enough, shane ear's finally heard the dismissal bell ring throughout the classroom. shane shot up out of his chair, and gathered his things in his hands before throwing them inside his book bag. he slung his backpack over his shoulders, and was about to walk towards the exit, but he felt a tight grip on his wrist, as he turned to his farlan's face next to his. 

"where you going in such a hurry?" farlan questioned, as he slightly pushed shane against the desk, as he let go of his wrist. "i've never seen you so excited to go back home, so you're obviously going elsewhere."

"i - i just...i got to go pick up lucas, my parents asked me too since they're working late." shane responded, as he tried pushing farlan back a bit, but he wasn't budging. 

"ah, shane. you know i hate when you lie to me, because you're so bad at it." farlan chuckled, leaning himself back away from shane, and putting his hands on shane's ears. "i can always tell, because the tips of your ears always go red. it's cute, but annoying."

the feeling of farlan's cold hands touching shane's burning ears sent small shivers down his arms, as he looked at farlan with a bit of annoyance in his eyes. shane threw farlan's hand off of him, trying to get away from him, but farlan wasn't so easy to sneak away from or even just escape from. he grabbed shane's waist and stopped shane in his tracks.

"why don't you tell me what you're really going to do, and make this easier on both of us." farlan whispered in his ear, as shane pushed farlan away and turned towards him with a small growl escaping his lips. 

"if you must fucking know, i'm going to pick up lucas to try and see a friend of mine, alright, now fuck off." shane groaned, as he started to walk away but farlan's words alone had stopped him from continuing. 

"and who might that be, shane? what friend is better than me? i've been there for you for almost eleven fucking years and been there when you were at your dying points. who could possibly be better than that?" farlan snarled, a bit annoyed that someone was capturing shane's attention more than him.

"it's ryan. he's back, and i didn't even recognize his face at first. yes, you've been there for me, and i thank you for that. but, ryan was first, and i will always love ryan more than anyone in the entire world." shane stated, not even stuttering or hesitating once with his eyes deadlocked into farlan's. "now, as for you, stop trying to make me fall in love with you, because it will never work. my heart has always belonged to someone else. just do us both a favor, and move the fuck on."

"you're seriously going back to someone who left you? that's fucking stupid."

"see that's where you're wrong, i left him not the other way around."

farlan stood against the desk with his face pale and speechless. shane scoffed, gripped onto his backpack and heading out the door. he pushed through the exit doors, and walked all the way to his car, and got in, turning the engine on quickly. shane pulled out the parking lot quickly, trying to get to his brother's school on time to meet ryan again. he slightly turned up the music on the radio, as he let his head drift a bit. 

it was only a couple of minutes later, that shane's eyes caught the school in sight, as a small smile appeared on his face. he parked the car quickly, as he walked inside, directing himself to luca's classroom but as he turned the corner, there was no one. in confusion, he turned around to look out the window, and he was his little brother with toby playing on the slide outside, as ryan sat on the bench and watched them. 

shane chuckled to himself, opening the door to the playground, as he caught ryan's eye. he could see a light blush appear on his face before he turned his head back towards the little boys. shane's feet carried him all the way to ryan, as he sat down next to him as his brain directed him to engulf ryan into a big hug.

the simple action made ryan jump, at first, but he instantly wrapped his arms around shane himself. just a hug alone made ryan's heart beat out of his chest, maybe even shane could hear it. it had been so long that ryan got to touch shane, and it brought back so many memories of the two. scared to lose him again, he hugged onto shane tighter, not wanting him to disappear again. 

"i've missed you so much, ryan. so much." shane whispered into ryan's ear, as the two finally pulled apart from each other slowly, both with big smiles on their faces and almost tears in their eyes. 

"god, you don't understand how much i've missed you too shane. i legit thought you'd forget about me." ryan mentioned, as he put his hands into shane and looked up into the perfect green eyes that he loved looking at when he was eight years old. 

"i could never, and i'm so sorry that i couldn't recognize you yesterday, it's just been so fucking long." shane answered, as ryland just smiled, and threw himself back into shane, almost knocking the wind out of shane. "hey, how about tomorrow, we take the boys to my house and they can go swimming in our pool, and we could...you know, hang out too."

"are you lowkey asking me out on a date?"

"well, ...isn't that an obvious?"

"i think i like the current you even more."

_______

what have i been doing since my last update you ask? (no one asked you idiot)

having mega boy problems

going to summer school (cause ya girl tryin' to get these dumb ass credits out the way)

trying to start summer reading but failing

making MULTIPLE drafts for my current stories but end of deleting them because i suck

and making stupid ass tiktoks.

so yeah, i'm fucking tHriViNG

also, how would you guys feel if i made an instagram for this wattpad acc?

would you follow or not?

just a question.

- andy <3