ch. seven

worry

ryan clicked his shoes together as he sat down on the little park bench, wondering where shane was. he was suppose to meet ryan at the park almost thirty minutes ago, and he still hadn't shown up. it wasn't like shane to be late for anything, either way the boys meet at this time every day it couldn't be that he forgot.

it was only minutes later that ryan heard fast footsteps come near him, he turned to see the one and only ginger headed boy. this was different though, shane didn't have a hoodie on, despite the cold winter weather finally setting in on the town, and no mask. 

he was uncovered.

ryan stood up immediately, and ran to shane's aid. he was breathing heavily, and there was slight tears in his eyes with new marking on him everywhere. shane looked like he just go man handled or even attacked, there was only one person that could hurt shane. it made ryan angry but he suppressed it, and pulled shane into his arms.

"it's too cold out here, let's go to my house okay?" ryan spoke softly as he took off his coat and put it over shane since he had nothing on, thankfully ryan had an extra jacket on. 

ryan held shane in his arms all the way to his house, as they walked in a comfortable silence. ryan knew his mother was home with his sister, but he'd just sneak shane in. he swiftly opened the front door, and quietly walked shane up the stairs to his room. he closed the door behind him, and sat shane down on his blue bed. 

ryan examined shane, as he saw new bruises forming and his neck had a purple lining all around with his lip slightly bleeding in the corner. ryan felt so many emotions just looking at shane, anger to disgust to fear to sadness to plenty more. he didn't know what to say, but shane just kept his head down the whole time. 

"i'm going to go get some stuff to help you, just stay here and keep quiet." ryan said, as he left the room and he came back with a different things in his hands.

he sat down next to shane on the bed and took the wet rag he dad in his hands, and slightly wiped away the dried blood on shane's lips and over an open wound on his cheek. ryan then grabbed disinfecting cream and going over the bleeding areas with then placing a big square white bandage over his wound on his cheek.

"here eat this." ryan ordered, as he handed shane already cut up pineapples in a little container. "it'll help with the bruising, my mama says it has special things inside to help."

shane didn't question ryan and his words, and opened the container with then eating some pineapples. ryan then grabbed the cream for the bruises, caressing over his purple eye and the lower half of his face with the cream. he then went down to his neck, gently placing the cream around his neck before he suddenly stopped.

"lift your shirt." ryan spoke bluntly looking straight into shane's eyes.

"why?" shane asked, not wanting to lift his shirt for a boy but what difference was it anyways.

"i need to get the bruises there too. i'm here to help you, i'm not going to hurt you shaney." ryan said, as he watched shane sigh before slowly before taking off his shirt completely.

ryan then laid shane down to the bed and started to apply the cream all around his torso and stomach. he then lifted him and applied the cream to his back with then getting his arms before capping the cream back up. shane then put his shirt back on, and handed ryland back the pineapples.

"was this the reason you were late?" ryland asked, as he turned around to face shane, a blank expression so shane couldn't tell what he was feeling.

"i...i was leaving and she grabbed me and started to beat me. she doesn't like how i'm leaving the house now. once she was done, all i did was run out the house." shane explained as he stared right back at the little boy in front of him. 

"you always end up looking worse every time i see you..." ryan sighed, as he then walked over to shane and sat down next to him and scooted right up next to him.

"are you worried about me ryan?" shane asked, as he never thought someone would take the time to actually worry about someone like him, especially ryan. 

"of course i do shane! do you really think i like you looking like this? she's ruining your beautiful face!" ryan yelled in hushed tone since his mother was just downstairs, and didn't want her to know he was home. 

"it's okay. i'm okay. i'm already use to getting beaten up ry." shane addressed, as he looked right into the blue eyes. 

"just because you're use to getting beaten doesn't mean that it doesn't freaking hurt shane." ryland said, slightly grabbing shane's face and pulling him closer so that their heads were touching.

"but everything heals..."

"just let me protect you, shane....."

"okay."

______________

sorry i haven't updated in a hot minute!

second semester has been a pain in the ass.

hope you enjoyed :)