ch. nine

the last thought

ryan waited for shane to come to the park, where he'd promised ryan that he'd meet him at. it was colder than usual that day, so ryan was in multiple layers to keep warm. he fiddled with his fingers to keep him company, while he continued to wait for what seemed like hours.

it soon became five, and ryan was instructed to come home before six thirty, meaning even if shane were to come now, he'd have less time to spend with him. ryan decided to take matters into his own hands, and head to shane's home which was only two streets away from the park.

his little feet pattered against the thick snow that had been falling for days endlessly, and hummed to himself. ryan knew exactly where shane's house was, only because he knew where shane got off on the bus and he'd watch him until he made into his house.

suddenly, the house came into sight and ryan smiled slightly to himself, he was excited to finally see shane. ryan took slow steps up the small stairs to the house doorway because he didn't want to slip on snow, and knocked softly on the front door.

no one came to the door, as ryan processed to knock once more with no answer again. soon, there was a thud that came from inside. ryan went over to the big window that led into a view of the kitchen and living room of the house. he pressed his face against the glass of the window, and saw a sight that he never wanted to see.

there was his shane, fighting against his mother as she continuously hit him against the face and every inch of his body. tears streaming from his face, as bruises were scattered and dark purple, his mother yelling profusely and she showed no mercy on the ginger boy. it was then, shane looked over to the window, and saw no one other than ryan with a confused and scared face plastered on him.

the blue and green eyes met one another as shane's eyes were wide out of being confused but also paranoid for ryan. the sudden silence caught with his mother, as she turned her head over to the brown head boy, and dropped shane against the wooden floor to the kitchen and made her way to the front door.

"god damn it, ryan get out here!" shane cried, as he ran to his mother and pulled her away from the doorway, but she slammed him to floor, his head hitting against it once again and his head hitting way to hard this time.

his vision was blurry, his head pounding, and his ears ringing. shane watched as the little figure was out of sight as he passed the fence. he then looked up to see his mother's frame above him as she leaned down, caressing his face before hitting him once more. he couldn't hear her clearly, but he could hear small things here and there.

shane took the beatings, his body no longer working as he felt himself slipping away. he couldn't even feel the pain that his mother was giving him, as his brain wasn't registering feelings anymore. he thought about ryan in the window, seeing him in the way he never wanted him to see him as. shane thought of that small smile on his face, before he couldn't take it anymore, and everything went suddenly black.

________

hey!

sorry i haven't updated this story in a hot minute.

something came up recently and school has put on so much stress on me.

but, i'm back now and hopefully i can update this twice a week.

have a good day!

- andy :)