ch. three

blue eyed

the sound of the alarm blasted through shane's room as shane groaned in annoyance, throwing his hand over to the alarm and shut it off. he buried his head into his pillows, taking the last few seconds to enjoy his bed before getting ready to go to school.

it wasn't the most exciting place in the world for the little boy, as all the kids didn't really like shane as he was just too weird for their liking. shane would mostly spend his time with his head in a book or casually drawing in his workbooks. the teachers never bothered him as he was always the top kid in the class.

shane rolled out of bed, and lazily threw on a plain gray shirt with blue jeans and faded white shoes he had deep into his closet, which they barely fit anymore. he ran his hand through his soft hair, not caring to style it or even brush it. he looked down at his arms as there was still dark purple bruises from last night. 

"a jacket should do it." shane muttered, as he yanked his maroon hoodie off of his desk and put it on.  

he then looked into the mirror, only to see the lower part of his face with bruises but not as dark as his arms. the ginger boy ran towards the bathroom and opened up the cabinets, and saw his mother's makeup. he neatly put on the makeup as it started to cover the colored skin. once he was done, you couldn't even tell he had bruises anymore. 

he cleaned up his mess, cleaned his teeth, and made his way back over to his room. he threw on his backpack and rushed downstairs, not wanting to be late to his bus. shane caught a glance towards his mother as she was passed out on the couch with two bottles of wine of the coffee table. 

he sighed, running over to kiss her on the cheek before running out the house. he walked peacefully as the cold breeze hit against his body. the leaves almost completely off the trees, and people were starting to put out little decorations for the new season. 

shane came across his stop and waited for only a couple minutes before the bus pulled up and let him on. he sat in the front of the bus, where no one really sat, as he then pulled out a book from his backpack. he read all the way to school, as cancelled out everyone else around him.  

"hey! you're that weird kid that knows all the answers in math, right?" one of the boys came up to him on the bus as shane looked over at him, it was that one boy andrew. 

"yeah, and?" shane answered him with a bit of annoyance in his voice. "what does that have to do with you?"

"don't be so mean! i just wanted to know if i could copy your answers, i forgot to it last night." andrew admitted easily, giving shane a wide smile. 

"....whatever." shane sighed, yanking his homework out for the other boy and watching him copy the answers down in a second.

"thanks!" the boy beamed as he went back to seat, handing shane back in paper in the process.

was the teacher suppose to believe he did the work when all he did was write the answers? it was math for god's sake, everyone knows to show their work. someone wasn't about to get a good homework grade, but that wasn't any of shane's business. 

the bus pulled up into the school drop off, and shane was the first one out. he walked in and kept his head down the entire walk into his language arts class. he sat down in his seat, and started to do his warm-up. class started only ten minutes later, and the teacher was on a topic that didn't interest one bit. 

suddenly, the door opened and a little head peaked in before fully letting their body in. shane's eyes examined the person in front of them. brown hair that was neatly styled, bright blue eyes, a perfect button nose, small hands, and he had one a nice shirt that in which was tucked into his jeans. 

"uh, sorry to interrupt, but miss henry wanted to know if you had any extra copies of the worksheet for today?" the little boy spoke, as his voice was perfect too. 

shane couldn't take his eyes off of him.

shane's teacher happily handed him extra copies of the worksheets as the blue-eyed boy thanked her as he then closed the door behind him having to head back to class. shane frowned, not wanting to see the boy leave but the boy would never notice him in the first place, so there was no point of being sad.

besides,

he didn't even know the boy himself. 

but he had to admit, 

blue was now his favorite color.

________

okaY!

so, my old laptop had broke the day of thanksgiving, due to my niece finding her way into my room and let's just say she broke it with her own foot.

but i got a new laptop, and hopefully you liked this chapter!

- andy :)