ch. eight

calm before the storm

there was laughter flooding the town that belonged to the two boys. it was finally winter, or the happiest time of year apparently. families in full of cheer and smiles, as the december rain fell onto their beanies and sweaters. christmas was only hours away, and kids couldn't keep their joy contained any longer.

"you should come over to my house to spend christmas with me!" ryan beamed, as he formed a little snowball within his tiny hands. "wouldn't that be so fun?"

"it would be, but i don't want to be a burden." shane responded, shrugging his shoulders as he watched ryan play with the snow beneath them. 

"nonsense! you're never a burden."

the two then set out to walk from their part of the woods, and held onto each others hands. ryan was glad to see that shane's face had clear up a bit from before, but it was still covered due to slight bruising that was still there. the two finally reached ryan's house and entered, as ryan's mother was cooking and his father was tending to his little sister.

"ryan, you're home." his mother smiled as she wiped her hands on the apron that was around her waist as she then crouched down to get at eye level with shane. "you must be shane. ryan talks about you all the time!"

"well...yes, it's very nice to meet you miss adams. you have a very beautiful home." shane complimented, as he showed his smile within his emerald eyes to the nice lady. 

"such a gentleman, thank you." ryan's mother laughed, as she then kissed her son's forehead. "we were just about to have lunch, i'll make you a plate."

"uh, mom...can shane stay for christmas?" ryland pleaded, as he threw out his puppy dog eyes onto his mother. 

"if it's alright with his parents, then it's alright with me." she said, smiling towards shane before turning around back to the kitchen. 

ryan threw himself onto shane and squealed slightly, as shane wrapped his arm around him and chuckled. at the corner of his eye, he saw ryan's father watching the two as they pulled apart. shane simply waved at the man as he then flushed with redness. ryan's father chuckled to himself, this really was a sweet boy just from a simple reaction. 

ryan yanked shane's hand and dragged with up the stairs and to his room where they played for countless hours, with of course having a nice lunch like they were told, and ryan even went on to try and teach shane to play the piano that was in their entertainment room. before for the two little boys knew it, it was time for bed. 

shane was able to shower and used ryan's pajamas since he didn't have clothes with him. ryan was reading a book as he waited for shane to be done, and when he saw shane come in through his door he threw his book onto the nightstand. shane crawled into bed with ryan, as they snuggled up close together, wrapping their arms around each other loosely. the two closed their eyes and fell asleep into one another.

the next morning...

"shane! shane! wake up! it's christmas!" ryan yelled as he jumped on top of shane, as shane just groaned and poked his head out from under the covers. 

although the ginger boy was tired, he still got up and went downstairs to go wake up ryan's parents. ryan woke them up the same way he woke up shane, and got everyone to go to family room to open gifts. as ryan opened all of his presents, shane was happy to see ryan have a bright smile on his face the whole time. christmas wasn't his favorite holiday, but this year, it was different. 

"i got something for the both of you actually, i think you'll both enjoy it." ryan's mother spoke, as she reached for a small box in the back of the tree and handed it to shane. 

shane carefully tore the wrapping, as he wasn't one to rip open packages or wrapping. shane then took out the long white box and took off the top. there laid two rose gold bracelets that had a little infinity sign with it. shane carefully got them out and helped ryan get his on, and ryan did the same for shane. 

"this way you'll never forget who your best friend is." ryan's father chuckled, and smiled towards the small boys, his son seemed happier with his friend. 

"come on shane! let's go play in the snow!" ryan shouted, as he threw one of his coats towards shane, and ran outside. 

the two boys played endlessly in the snow, and shane was finally one of those to laugh in this time of year. it seemed like there was nothing better than this, there will never be nothing better than this moment he was going through, and he made sure that he was wasting a second of it. it came to a time where the boys had to come inside because no one wanted them to get sick, so they went upstairs to the room as ryan closed the door behind him. 

"i had so much fun! that was my first time building a snowman, and it was with you!" shane beamed as he was smiling from ear to ear, as ryan smiled and nodded. 

"i'm glad you had fun." ryan spoke, as he took steps towards shane, who was still smiling like a goof. "i have a present for you too."

"what is it?"

"my mom told me she kisses my dad because she loves him. she said you kiss people because you love them a lot."

shane not understanding what ryan was trying to say, stood there with a confused look on his face. ryan placed his hand on the ginger's cheek as he placed a small little kiss on shane's lips, sharing as one would call a first kiss with a boy. shane was shocked as his lips were apart and he stared into the blue eyes that he loved. 

"merry christmas, shaney."

it was the calm before the storm.

no one knew but...

december rain was just around the corner.

_______

i've been playing roblox a lot lately 

fuck